Wednesday 13 April 2016

Top 3: Body Scrubs


When it comes to exfoliating my body then I'm all for those full on scrubs that you can practically feel removing your skin. But it doesn't mean I'm not for those that are gentler on the skin and less likely to rub you raw. And in my body scrub collection I have a mixture of both so today I thought I'd take you through my Top 3 Body Scrubs.

My ultimate favourite body scrub has to be the Soap And Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub. Firstly it smells divine; for those who haven't smelt it, it smells like lime. It's a very addictive smell, I always spend a good five minutes smelling this before even applying it to my body. And secondly it is a bloody good scrub. Literally after the first use of this scrub my body felt smoother and softer than I've ever felt before. It feels almost like a gel when you first apply this to your body but when you start to rub it over your skin it loses it's gel like consistency leaving all the exfoliating beads on your skin. This can be quite a rough scrub if your a bit rough when it comes to scrubs but I'm sure with a gentler hand it can be less abrasive on the skin. Once this is washed off the skin you're left with smooth, soft skin that will easily absorb moisturiser and stays looking moisturised for longer.

Up next is another scrub that smells divine. It's the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Body Scrub. It's a lot less abrasive than the Sugar Crush Scrub but gives you the same results. Packed with cocoa butter, shea butter and vitamin e, this scrub not only exfoliates the skin but nourishes it at the same time. It's a lot creamier in consistency compared to the first scrub and a little bit does go a long way but because it comes in a smaller tub I find I use more of this compared to my Sugar Crush Scrub. The smell alone drew me into this product, the strong cocoa sent fills the bathroom well after you've closed the tub. I also like to mix this scrub with the Sugar Crush Scrub so that my skin gets that nice exfoliation but also gets some nourishment at the same time. Plus the two combined is drool worthy scent wise.

And the third scrub I find myself reaching for quite a bit is the Boots Extracts Brazil Nut Scrub. This is the most gentle of the three scrubs but you still get a good result with it. It's perfect for people who have slightly sensitive skin or who's skin are irritated by harsher scrubs. More of a cream consistency than the others this is very easy to rub over the skin. Yes, it doesn't leave arms feeling as smooth as the Sugar Crush Scrub does but if you're in a rush and don't mind if it's not perfect then this is the scrub for you. It smells lovely and if Brazil Nut isn't your kind of scent then no worries as these come in a variety of scents ranging from Strawberry to Cocoa to Almond (it smells like marzipan).

So that's it for my Top 3 Scrubs. How do they compare to your favourte Scrubs? Are any of them the same as mine? Or do you have one you think I'd like? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment