Sunday 17 April 2016

Review: Maybelline Lip Liners

Last week I talked about the Loreal Lip Liners that I brought when I went on a liner splurge a little while ago. So today I'm going to talk about the Maybelline Lip Liners, consider this the second installment of my lip liner splurge reviews.

Just like the Loreal Liners these are a wooden pencil liner instead of a mechanical liner. Mechanical liners aren't that popular on the high street and if you look around you'll notice most brands have wooden pencil type lip liners. I was always a bit wary of pencil types as I though they'd be harsh and drag on the lips but with the ones I've tried from the high street I've been pleasently surprised.

Maybelline Lip Liners are creamy to apply, don't hurt the lips or drag and can be applied very lightly or full out on the lips. I picked up three shades out of the six they offer. I have Hollywood Red, Midight Plum and Pleasure Me Red. I can't decide on which is my favourite out of the three as all of them are brilliant colours. I think if I had to choose then it would be the two reds, because they're not like a lot of the reds on the market. Instead of having one tomato red shade for the more orange reds and one darker red for all the other red shades they have two slightly darker red shades that can be worn under a multitude of red shades. And the same stands for the plum liner as it's the only plum/berry shade they offer.

Using these to fill in the lips is brilliant, they're creamy and opaque in one swipe but if you're looking into filling you entire lip in then these are still amazing. Instead of going ultra matte, drying and dragging on the lips like other liners can do these don't. They stay creamy as you apply them and they don't become ultra matte on the lips once you've filled your lip in. It makes them perfect to wear on their own or under a lipstick.

What I like the most about these lip liners is that if you're the kind that likes to wear the matching lipstick then you can with Maybelline. Hollywood Red, Midnight Plum and Pleasure Me Red are all lipstick shades in their Color Sensational Lipstick Range. I don't have the matching lipsticks but they are available as an option if you like to match your liner to your lipstick.

Overall I'm really impressed so far with these liners. I won't be picking up the other shades as they are more neutral and not me but if you're a neutral girl then there is that option for you.

Have any of you tried these? Did you like them? Or do you have a high street brand liner to recommend? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment