Friday 1 April 2016

Review: Revlon Volume and Length Mascara

It's still only the beginning of the year but brands have already been inundating us with new launches, especially with mascara. And as much as I'd love to try them all out I only have two eyes so I cut it down to two. I've already done my Maybelline Push Up Drama Review which you can find here but I thought it time I write my review on my other new release masacara choice.

It was quite hard to choose one of their mascaras as they've released five that all aim to do something different to your lashes. Whilst the lengthening mascara appealed to me because it's green packaging and length is what my lashes need, I knew that mascara alone wouldn't suffice my needs. So I went with the blue lidded volume and length mascara which I hoped would give my lashes that long fluttery look I love. 

What first appealed to me with this mascara was the thick curved bristle brush that looked a lot like my Maybelline Go Colossal Leather Black Mascara. However I found it to be very disappointing as a brush. Instead of gripping my lashes and pushing them upwards to help hold the curl they left them looking flat and spiky. I also found that the brush malted every other use, there would be fibre looking bits stuck to the end of the lashes that needed to be removed as they had a habit of flaking off onto the cheeks. Normally a malting brush wouldn't be a bother but because it wasn't working how I hoped it would work, this one was very disappointing.

When it comes to formula, it doesn't get much better really. What was advertised as a lengthening and volumising formula was really a thin, practically non exisitent formula that barely coated lashes. But what did coat the lashes was ridiculously hard to remove and would appear under the lower lash line the next morning no matter how hard you tried to remove it. I'm not entirely sure if there are fibres in this mascara but it does look like that on the lashes from certain angles.

Overall this mascara has been nothing but disappointing. I'm not sure if the other mascaras in the range are as bad as this one but for me the volume and length mascara is a big no no. I  much prefer the Maybelline Push Up Drama Mascara and my old time favourite Maybelline Go Colossal Leather Black Mascara.

Have any of you tried this? Did you find it as bad as I did? Are any of the others as disappointing? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment