Friday 15 April 2016

Review: Barry M Coconut Infusion Nail Paints

Now I know you're probably fed up of my Barry M Nail Polish Reviews but I can't help myself. Barry M is one of my favourite nail polish ranges on the high street and I can't help but pick up every new range they release. And their latest release is a very interesting release as well.

These are the Barry M Coconut Infusion Nail Paints. They are infused with Coconut Oil and Water to help hydrate the nail whilst you're wearing the polishes. There are nine shades in total ranging from brights to neutrals and of course I just had to get them all. 

First up you have the five bright shades in the range. The bright shades in this range are called Laguna, Bikini, Flamingo, Aloha and Surfboard. These shades are probably my favourite out of the range especially now the weather is warming up and people are starting to embrace brighter nail colours. Surfboard is the most interesting shade out of the five in my opinion as it's a beautiful purple lilac shade that looks almost neutral in the bottle but does actually gives a pop of colour on the nail. Laguna and Bikini are the two I've worn the most as I'm a girl who like greens and blues but I'm sure I can find a way to work Flamingo and Aloha.

And then you have four of neutral shades. Yes I know they all look very similar but really there are differences between them when you put them on the nail. You have Starfish, Tiki Hut, Sunkissed and Skinny Dip. Tiki Hut is probably the most interesting shade out of the four of them, it's a mixture between a caramel shade and a chocolate shade that is going to look beautiful on the nails. And if you're looking into doing white nails this summer but not sure if they're going to work on you then Skinny Dip is that perfect off white shade that will ease you gently into that trend.

When it comes to formula these are pretty interesting. There is no need for a basecoat with these colours not because they're certain not to stain but because apparently it helps the ingredients nourish and hydrate the nails more. Surprisngly these are very thick in formula, even the lighter shades which can sometimes be thin and somewhat streaky when applied. They come with the new flat square ended brush that Barry M are putting in all their new polishes. It means they cover the nail in one sweep and makes doing your nails quicker and easier.

Once dry, nails have opaque colour and a high shine. I know a top coat is necessary to keep the lenght of a manicure but if you don't have time or can't be bothered to apply one then these colours have enough shine to give the look of wearing a top coat. I did find that if you use thicker consistency top coats then these do peel/chip on the nail quicker but with thinner top coats they last a lot longer.

Overall I really like these polishes. However I know these won't be to everyone's liking due to the shade range but if you're a big fan of brights or of neutrals I really recommend you check these out.

Have any of you tried these? Did you like them? Or were they not your cup of tea? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment