Thursday 28 July 2016

Brand Review: Barry M

When I introduce people to the brand Barry M their first reaction is "Oooh I've never heard of this brand" and then it's a pleasure to introduce them to one of the what I believe to be the most underrated brands on the high street. A lot of people just know Barry M for their nail polishes and for a good reason but they do sell a host of other products and regularly release brand new products that follow all of the latest make up trends.

But let's start with nails as that's what they're best known for, it's what their stand consists of mostly and it's the one product I own the most of. Back when I was first introduced to Barry M five years ago there was only one range of nail paints. They were called their Classic Paints and had a whole host of stunning colours that has something unique over other brands. I have a whole host of these and still use them from time to time but over the years they've released an amazing ten different ranges of nail polishes and each time they've been better than the last release. I used to have a large collection of nail polishes but nowadays I only use Barry M and always recommend them to customers when they ask. And here's why.

The Gelly Hi Shine, Speedy Quick Dry and Coconut Infusion polishes give the look of a salon nail without the hefty price tag and hours sat in a nail bar. They all have square ended flat brushes that cover the nail in one swipe and leaves nails in an opaque colour that has a high shine finish. Some of my favourites are Elderberry (GHS), Pink Lemonade (GHS), Laguna (CI) and In A Flash (SQD). These are all shades perfect for anytime of the year and I love how quick these make doing my nails. Even though the Hi Shine and the Coconut Infusion aren't advertised as quick drying but when on the nails they actually do dry quickly and cut the amount of time it would normally take to do a manicure. They also have great lasting power when used in conjunction with Barry M's top coat and all have a bright shine that could envy any shellac manicure.

However nails aren't just Barry M's only good products. Their mascaras are top notch especially if you're not looking for something ridiculously over the top for day time. Their Showgirl Mascaras are aimed to help with either volume and length or can be worn together to boost the look of lashes. Both of these mascaras are fabulous and have a place amongst my go to make up as they always give lashes that bit of oomph they need. They don't have over the to brushes and have a simple formula but they work well and are perfect if you're not into those that off false lash effect mascaras that can sometimes make lashes look lank and clumpy. Plus they don't break the bank which makes them perfect if you're working to a budget. Their That's How I Roll mascara also has the same look as their Showgirl mascaras and is on my to buy list as I'm a sucker for Barry M's eye products.

When I look at or try brands I always go for the lip products. If you didn't already know I'm a lip product addict and mainly judge brands on their colour selection and formula's. And Barry M is a brand that I should have tried earlier. Unlike some brands they don't just have varying shades of nudes in a range of formula's. No, this is a brand that do a range of formula's and a brilliant selection of colours. From glosses, to satin finishes and matte finish lipsticks there is something for everyone. Their Matte Me Up chubby stick-esque product is a brilliant matte lipstick that lasts all day long and doesn't dry out the lips. One swipe and you have a bright opaque pop of colour that will brighten up any look. I don't wear this as much as I should but now I've gotten it out to for this post I'm definitely going to be wearing it more. A lip product that I haven't tried yet but will be appearing on the blog very soon is their Satin Finish Lipstick. These look absolutely divine and when they released their latest colours I couldn't resist picking one up. It will be appearing very soon so keep your eyes peeled.

 And to go well with their various lip products is their brilliant lip liners. A wooden pencil type they look like they could be very drying on the lips and uncomfortable to wear but in fact they're very creamy and easy to apply. Not really to be worn on their own, these are the perfect accompaniment to any lip product that needs that extra bit of staying power. And with the lipsticks these don't just come in varying shades of nude. There are deep dark reds, bright pinks and corals and a couple of stunning shades of nude. Definitely give these a go if you're in need of a lip liner soon.

Overall I love Barry M as a brand. They make good quality products at a brilliant price point which won't break your bank. There are a whole variety of other products there to try as well as the ones mentioned but it's a case of getting round to trying them. If you're into contour and highlight they have a fantastic range of products aimed at that and even have a good range of base products that work well on a variety of skin types. Anything purchased in the future from this brand will obviously appear on here and if the products are the same quality of the ones I've already tried then it's bound to be good reviews all over. If you're looking for a budget beauty brand that is brilliant quality and bang on trend then I highly recommend high tailing it down to your nearest Boots or Superdrug and checking out their Barry M stands.

Do you guys love Barry M as much as I do? Do you have a favourite product/s? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment