Tuesday 19 July 2016

Key Pieces: Summer Edit


I've not done a lot of fashion pieces on here. I'm a girl who loves a basic t-shirt and jeans but one of my goals this year was to start trying new things and what a better season to do that than Summer. So today I'm sharing you my Key Pieces that are going to get me through the Summer months.

My first key piece that is a must have this year is a decent pair of sandals. I've always gotten my sandals from Primark as I didn't wear them a lot (UK Summers, ya know) but this year I decided I would shell out and buy a pair that would last a bit younger. This pair are from New Look and I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them. They have a thicker base than most sandals but they're ultra soft and comfortable. These are tan with gold hardware and a zip back. The zip back does have the possibility of rubbing but you can easily put a plaster over the bit that rubs and you'll be fine. These were £18.99 which is a bit pricier than Primark but everytime I've worn these I've been impressed by how comfortable they are even after a few hours of walking. They also come in black but you can only find those on ASOS. Definitely a pair that's going to last a lot longer than one summer.

 Another item I've had trouble with until this year is shorts. I'm a lady who has larger than average legs so I'm not always comfortable wearing all the short shorts that are in every shop each summer. Is it too hard to ask for a pair of good looking mid thigh/knee length shorts. And this year my prayers were answered. I was casually looking through Primark's racks of shorty shorts hoping that I'd find something suitable for me when I stumbled across these. These are mid thigh, ripped boyfriend shorts. And they're a dream. As they're longer in the leg I can actually wear them they way they're supposed to be worn instead of wearing them low on my hips like I've done with shorts before. They come down to my mid thigh which is fine with me and actually quite flattering. The rips through them do flash a bit of leg underneath but the frayed edges help give it the perfect look. These were only £10 and I've gotten quite a lot of wear out them already. They're a thicker than normal denim so I think this are going to last quite a while.

Something I never struggle with buying in the Summer and find really helps complete an outfit is sunglasses. And this year Primark are killing it with their sunglasses. The range they have is incredible and there is something there to suit everyone. My favourites are this black pair with a metal bar running across the top of shades. These remind me of the PR 14SS 49 from Prada. And they were only £3. They make any look that little bit more put together when on and they even come in tortoishell if you're not a fan of all black sunglasses. If these aren't your thing though and you're looking for an inexpensive pair of glasses they also have Ray-Ban-esque sunglasses like this matte tortoiseshell pair that are only £2. If like me you're a bit accident prone or you lose your sunglasses these are a great option for you. Inexpensive, good quality and right on trend as well, if you haven't checked out Primark sunglasses I suggest you do.



In the warmer months I'm a big believer of less is more. Not just with clothes but with make up and accesories as well. So on days when I'm just in shorts and a vest I like to give it a boost with some jewellery and there are so really cute pieces on the high street these days. My favourite piece at the moment is this necklace from Topshop. I prefer longer pendants over small dainty necklaces as they draw people's attention and add a pop to sometimes a basic outfit. This was in the sale and I picked it up for just £3. Another way to add something to an outfit or a look is midi rings. I have quite large fingers so standard rings look weird but midi rings seem elongated and thin my fingers out. My favourites at the moment are these really cute seashell inspired rings from H&M. They're dainty so they don't look too much on the finger but have enough detail to make people look again. Good places for midi rings are obviously H&M, River Island, New Look and Topshop. They're also quite inexpensive so they'll look nice without breaking the bank.

So that's it for my Key Pieces. There isn't a lot but as I said before less is more during the warmer months. I have to wear a lot for work on a daily basis so when I'm free I turn to these pieces which leave me feeling cool and comfortable.

What are your key pieces? Do you have recommendations? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment