Thursday 7 July 2016

Review: Revlon Lip Liners

I'm a lip liner junkie. I'm obssessed. I can't help it, I love lip liners and I'm making it my aim to try every high street brand of lip liner I can find. I've already reviewed Rimmel, Maybelline, Loreal and Barry M and today it's Revlon's turn.

First off, I love the fact that these are mechanical liners. Don't get me wrong, the pencil liners I've tried have been good and haven't scratched my lips but I still prefer a mechanical liner than a pencil. Then you have the shade range. I only have two of the shades but believe there are six shades which all have that inbetween colour to them that means you can wear them with a multitude of lip shades. I have Red and Plum and find these work well under so many of my lipsticks. Red works just as well under tomato red shades as it does blue toned reds which is perfect if you don't want two different liners for each shade. Plum is a darker berry tone so gives nice definition under lighter berry tones and really intensifies the colour under darker, more purple toned shades. I prefer to wear Plum on it's own as it's much more of an interesting shade without a colour over the top then Red.

These liners are really creamy and easy to apply. One swipe and you have an opaque line that you can build up without it becoming too heavy or thick looking. However I find because these are so creamy you can go through this quite quickly. I've barely worn either of these because I've been trialling others but I'm already a good quarter of a way through them. However I can't complain because I do prefer them over a lot of other liners I've tried. Some liners tend to be quite drying on the lips when you fill in the whole lip but with these you don't have that immediate dry feeling on the lips. Sure you'll get that after wearing them for a few hours but it's not immediate like it is with the Rimmel ones.

My only problem with these liners is the fact that they can and will easily break. It's one of the big problems with mechanical liners, you can drop it and it can snap inside the tube and then you don't know until you get to the snap and the liner falls out. So far I haven't dropped these and haven't had any snapping or cracking in the liner themselves so I'm quite happy with them. A bit pricier for a liner on the high street but they're a good quality and work with a multitude of colours.

Have you tried these? Or do you have a recommendation for me? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment