Tuesday 5 July 2016

How I Change My Make Up For The Season (Summer 2016)


Each season I change my make up to fit with the season and the everchanging weather that accompanies it. In the Winter I go for more heavy duty foundations that give full coverage and give me that flawless skin look even in the coldest months. And then when Summer rolls around like it is at the moment; I change it again to fit with the hotter weather, when it gets here.

The one thing I like to do the most during the hotter summer months is to let my skin breath. I step away from the full coverage foundations as I don't want to clog my skin up and cause unnecessary break outs. I turn towards more thin, somewhat sheer coverage foundations that look natural on the skin and let's my skin breathe a bit more than other foundations would do. My two favourites are the Loreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation and the Gosh Foundation Drops. They're both very liquidy, very light foundations that actually look like skin when applied and even if you attempt to build it up, doesn't look cakey or overdone.

If you like the idea of a light coverage foundation but aren't keen on some of your skin showing through, you can always go in with concealer afterwards. I have redness on my cheeks which can occasionally be quite prominent and no amount of foundation will disguise. On days like this I use either of my foundations and then go in with a concealer to just give some extra coverage to my problem areas. I like the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer as it gives the coverage that I need without being too much for the skin. And alongside these I prefer to use a beauty blender over a brush, especially in areas make up can cake and it will absorb it and give it a more natural, blended look. If you haven't got a beauty blender try the B Latex Free Blending Sponge or the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. Both are brilliant for giving a blended, natural, flawless look.

To set my base in the Summer I stay away from pressed powders as I find they can cake, settle into any lines or dry patches and just generally look gross. I prefer a baked powder as they're lighter in texture and don't appear as much on the skin. No they won't leave your make up looking perfect for longer but they will be lighter and won't cling to any problem areas. This MUA Prime and Correct Powder is perfect for setting make up during the Summer. Baked, silky finish powder, this leaves skin feeling silky smooth and set into place. It has the colour correction vibe to it but personally these powders do nothing to conceal or cover imperfections. A big fluffy brush is perfect to use to dust this lightly over the face, sticking more to the edges rather than the centre of the face.

I like to keep my base simple all year round and am a big fan of healthy, flawless looking skin so once my base is done I move onto my eyes and eyebrows. During the colder months I'm not particuarly bothered if my lashes are ridiculously curled and volumised but during the hotter months I love big fluttery volumised lashes. And I've found the perfect combination for just that. I was always afraid of eyelash curlers when I first started curling my lashes but now they're my best friend. Mine are just a cheap pair from Primark but they work wonders and give my lashes a nice curl.

Once they're done I've been going in with the Benefit They're Real Tinted Mascara Primer. This is brown colour primer which works to give lashes some definition and helps mascara go on over the top. I like to curl one set of lashes first and then go in with the primer so that when it sets slightly it holds the curl of my lashes. Once I've done that with both eyes I go in with my Loreal Miss Hippie Mascara. This is like Summer lashes in a mascara. It's wide barrel brush gives wonderfull fanned out volume that to me just screams Summer. One coat of this combined with the Benefit primer and I have curled, ultra volumised lashes that don't budge all day.

And finally it's on to the lips. During the colder months I tend to keep towards deep almost blood reds and dark berry tones. Then as the weather warms up I put those to one side and go for my brighter warmer weather shades. Hot pinks, pretty peaches and tomato reds are my go to shades from May to September first. And they all have to have a matte finish. Nothing beats a matte finish in the summer. Some of my favourite go to lip colours are Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso, Rosie for Autograph in Silk Camisole and Revlon Colourburst Balm in Showy.

Beso is that bright tomato red that looks fantastic all year round but especially pops well on the lips in the warmer months. It's matte, long wearing and doesn't ridiculously dry lips out. Showy is a bright blue toned pink that again is matte,long wearing and non drying but instead of being a liquid lipstick it's a chubby stick crayon. Both are more high maintenance shades and are perfect if you have a particular look in mind but if you're looking for more of a get up and go colour then Silk Camisole is the one for you. It's a sheer peach shade that gives just the right amount of colour without being over the top. And it's easy to apply, in as little as two swipes and you're done and because it's not a bold lip that needs the extra attention it's also easy to reapply on the go.

So that's it for my Seasonal Make Up Change. What do you do to change your make up? Do you have any must use, go to products I should know about? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment