Thursday 14 July 2016

Unboxing: Origins and British Beauty Blogger Mix and Mask Box

I have never ordered something as quickly as I've ordered this box. I've been wanting to try out Origins Face Masks for ages now and when I saw this on my Twitter feed on Sunday I knew I had to have it. If you haven't already seen this box all over Instagram and Twitter then let me introduce you to the Origins and British Beauty Blogger Mix and Mask Collaboration Box.

The box itself costs £20 but the goodies inside come to a whopping £84 together. And who can turn down an offer like that. I ordered Sunday morning and recieved this Thursday morning (the day I'm writing this). And this is how it comes. My first thought is on how pretty the design of the box is. It has a floral watercolour design on the box and the leaflet inside which is that stunning I'd consider giving one of these as a present.

 When you open the box you have the small information booklet that contains a introduction from Jane (BritishBeautyBlogger) and on each page is a small paragraph as to why she chose the products she chose. It also gives examples of skin types that'll work well with each individual product and what each size is worth. If you've never tried Origins products before then this is a perfect accompanying guide.
When you remove the booklet, you're greeted by a thing layer of tissue paper which protects the products inside. It also has a small watercolour design sticker to hold it together. There is just something about the design of the box that I find simply stunning. It's very elegany and high end which I think goes hand in hand with the brand and their collaborator.








 When you open the tissue paper you're greeted by a whole host of skincare goodies. It's all protected by a fuzzy tissue paper which holds it place in the box so nothing gets/got damaged in transit. I have gotten rid of this as I found it went everywhere but obviously you can keep this in your giving this as a gift.
The first thing that caught my eye when I opened this box was the face mask pods. It is advertised as having four face mask pods but I only recieved three and the fourth happened to come in a surprise larger size. Each pod is a generous 10ml size and retail for £2.50 each. I recieved the Out of Trouble mask that is a mask to soothe and clear problem skin. I also recieved the Clear Improvment mask for purifying skin as well as the Drink Up which is aimed at dry/dehydrated skin. In the accompanying booklet it said that these pods are a great way to try out the multi masking trend where you use different masks on different parts of your face to combat certain issues. I'm not sure I'm going to use them this way but it is a good idea if multi masking is something you're interested in.

 Then what was advertised as a pod but was actually a travel sized tube is the Original Skin mask. It contains Rose Clay and is supposed to rexturise skin and give a glow boost. I think this would be a great mask for people who can't get on with glycolic acid but want something to get rid of any excess texture on the skin. It smells absolutley divine and I'm looking forward to using this. This is a 30ml tube and retails for around £7.
Then there is a 30ml travel sized tube of the Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask. This retails for £6.90 and is aimed at skin that has been outdoors or needs that moisture boost to help with skin's supplness. And this isn't like most of the masks in the box. This one you put on either before you go to bed or whenever your skin needs that boost and leave it to sink into the skin. Then all you have to do is take a tissue or a cotton pad and wipe off the excess.







 Up next is the By All Greens Foaming Deep Cleansing Mask. You get a 25ml pump bottle that retails at £11.42. This is one of Origins newer releases and one I'm intrigued about. This perfect for someone who wants to purify and deep cleanse their skin. It's an interesting concept for a mask. It pumps out as a runny fluid but once you start to rub it into/onto the skin it turns into a foam. One I'm definitely looking forward to trying.
Then you have the most interesting mask of the bunch. This is the GinZing Peel-Off Mask. You recieve a 15ml tube worth £4.80. This is recommended for people with oily skin and dull complexions. What makes this mask interesing is the bronze colour. Yes, you read that right. It's a bronze colour when you apply it to your face. It's supposed to help removed dead skin cells whilst brightening and give skin a fresh feel. It's a peel off mask so when it's dried you get that satisfing feeling of peeling it off, but I'd recommend not putting this anywhere near your eyebrows. I have a feeling it could turn out quite painful if you did.


 And the last two products you recieve are in fact two full sized products. The first is a bottle of their new release the Maskimizer. It's a 95ml bottle and retails for £18.50. This is a fine mist that you're supposed to spray skin with before you apply your mask. It claims to help the mask adhere to your skin better and contains Marine Algae to help hydrate the skin at the same time. If you're a fan of facial toners/spritzs or even essences then I think you'll like this.
And lastly you get a full sized tube of the VitaZing SPF 15 Energy Boosting Moisturiser. This alone is worth £29.00, more than the box itself. It has a sheer tint release which makes this more of a tinted moisturiser/BB cream product. I like the idea of this being an energising moisturiser but not sure how I feel about the sheer tint. In my experience these kinds of products don't work well with people with fairer complexions and end up looking orange after application. However it's something you'll never know until you try it. I'll definitely be reporting back on how this one worked out.



At £20 this box is a steal and when you open it you'll see why. I'm very impressed not just with the choice of Origins products but with the size of them aswell. Each product is a decent size and two are even full size. If you can still get your hands on this box then I recommend you do it right away. It's a cheaper, easier way to try Origins as a brand if you've never tried them before. Keep your eyes peeled next month for a full indepth review of what I thought of each product. Until then if you have the box enjoy.

Have any of you recieved the box? What did you think? What product are you looking forward to trying the most? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment