Wednesday 13 July 2016

Brand Review: Rosie For Autograph Make Up

When I found out that Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was releasing a make up line, to say I was excited was an understatment. I've been a fan of her Rosie For Autograph line with Marks and Spencers for years and have brought countless bras and other products from the range. And naturally when the make up line was released I had to get my hands on it.

It did take me a bit longer to get my hands on the range than I'd have liked but when it was fully available in my local Marks and Spencers I was there (maybe blocking the stand) trying to decided what my first purchase was going to be. And to begin with I went with my go to beauty product and chose a lipstick. And then choosing which shade I wanted was hard, there are just too many beautiful ones.

If you haven't tried Rosie's lipsticks and you're a lip product addict then try them. Seriously you will not regret it. To start off with the packaging is to die for. A stunning rose gold packaging with Rosie's signature 'Rosie For Autograph' wrote along the side. It's simple yet it's elegant and stunning just the like the products creator. And that's one of the main reasons I love this range. It's simple yet elegant and gives every woman that owns a piece a little bit of luxury which makes them feel classy, sexy and feminine.

I have three shades. The first I picked up was Lady Rose. It's Rosie's favourite shade from the range and if she endorses it I knew I had to have it. And can I just say it's a gamechanger. I'm of a fair skintone and most nude shades do not suit me. I mean like not at all. Until I brought Lady Rose. It's nude pink shade that has a underlying mauve tone which works well with fairer skintones and personally gave more warmth to my skin than normal. I have worn this countless times and recieved so many compliments and will continue to do so in the future. After that I picked up Camisole Blush. It's along the same tones as Lady Rose but has more peachy tones to it. I have admittedly not worn this as much as it doesn't work well with my head to toe black work uniform but when I want a bit of something when I'm not at work then I do go for this. It's another nudey shade that works well with my fairer skintone and I'm glad there is a line on the high street that works for every skintone, even the paler ones. And finally I have Silk Rose. I was pretty nervous when I brought this as it's quite a full on colour. Yet the moment I put this on my lips I knew I couldn't live without it. It's a brown toned lipstick that looks like it wouldn't suit most people but in fact it does. I like to call it my 90's brown lipstick as it has that effect when I wear it. Deep in colour and highly pigmented this is definitely a lipstick that calls for attention and so far all the attention I've recieved has been good.

These lipsticks are all cream lipsticks but instead of having that really high shine finish to them they set down to a sort of demi matte finish. It means they're comfortable to wear for long periods of time and are less likely to need a reapplication. In my experience these can be applied in the morning and can easily go without being touched up for a good five or six hours. I think a lot of it comes from the formula, demi matte finish, creamy formula as well as being moisturising on the lips. Huntington-Whiteley has created the perfect non matte, non glossy lip product which are not only a dream to wear but also look stunning in your collection.

Whilst on the subject of lip products, there is also a range of Lip Glossy's. These are all chubby stick-esque lip glosses that are highly pigmented and glossy yet comfortable to wear. There are six shades in total but the only one that appealed to me is Sun Kiss, a deep mauve shade that has a slight pink undertone. If you like a gloss over a lipstick then these are definitely for you, hightly pigmented colour means you get a decent lip look without sacrifcing your lips but if you're not a fan of glosses in general then I'd say steer clear of these. Personally this isn't my favourite product in the range purely because I'm not a big fan of that high shine finish on the lips. Yet I wouldn't say these are bad or not worth the money. One word of advise though, make sure your lips are in good condition with both these and the lipsticks. Just because they're both non matte formulas doesn't mean they're not going to show any imperfections your lips have.

Not being a big fan of contour or highlight there was only one base product that made sense for me to try. And that was the Miracle Concealer. I'm going to say this straight off the bat, don't let the colour decieve you. I spent a good fortnight deciding if I was going to buy one purely because the shades didn't seem like a good fit for my skintone. There are two shades in the collection and both look darker than normal. However once they're on the skin and blended out they work well with the natural tones of you skin. Shade one looks slightly orange in tone but when blended doesn't appear orange on the skin and covers well over imperfections and under the eyes. There is something about this concealer that look luminous under the eyes when you wear it. It works when set with powder and doesn't crease or go cakey. A brilliant stick concealer which doesn't drag on the skin and actually gives all day coverage.




Moving onto eyes and there is a whole host of products for these. She's released eye shadow quads, cream eye shadow sticks, liquid liners, pencil liners, two types of mascara and a brow pencil. Not being someone who's big on eyeshadow or liner I picked up a brow pencil and her InstaLash mascara. Let's start with the InstaLash Mascara. It comes in either brown or black and has a standard bristle brush. It doesn't have a fancy curve or a ridiculous amonut of bristles. It's a standard, tapered end bristle brush that fits nicely to the contour of the eye and gives instant volume and length to the lashes. It's a wet formula which means you have to be a bit more careful with it but personally I don't mind that because the results this mascara gives are better than some I've tried from other brands. And the same stands for the brow pencil. I got the Shade 1 as I like to use a lighter shade on my brows so they're not so out there. And this pencil is highly pigmented, comes with a spoolie and is soft and easy to apply. It doesn't scratch or break. It can be used to create light strokes or harder strokes and it'll still not look to over the top. The spoolie on the end is an added bonus and is thicker than standard so it really brushes through brows and help distribute product easily. If you're in the market for a brow pencil then I'd highly recommend checking this one out.

Overall I'm very pleased with this range. Sure there are products that I haven't brought because they're my cup of tea but the ones I have purchased have been definitely worth the money. They all have a luxuorious feel to them that makes them look more expensive than they actually are. With the lipsticks costing £14, concealer at £14, mascara at £15 and brow pencil at £10 these are just a bit pricier than your average high street store but are truly worth every penny. Sometimes you do have to pay out more for a higher quality and for the price points I don't think you can get a higher quality than you do with these products. Huntington-Whiteley has really surpassed herself with these products and I'm looking forward to seeing what else she may add to the collection in the future.

Have any of you tried this range? What did you think? Is there anything you'd like to see her release in the future? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment