Sunday 17 September 2017

Get Unready With Me

Getting ready for the day is something I find highly enjoyable as I get to play around with my make up, try new products and put together outfits that I'm happy with. But in all honesty, I enjoy that bit at the end of the day when I get to take it all off and get cozy in my pjs. So today I'm sharing with you the products I used to help me get unready from the day and ready for the night.

The first thing to come off is my make up. As much as I love putting my make up on I love taking it off even more. And I'm a big believer in double cleansing so I always choose two different cleansers so that my skin gets used to just one. The cleanser I find myself reaching for a lot for my inital cleanse is the Clinique Take The Day Off Balm. It's balm to oil formula is perfect for breaking down my make up, including mascara without weighing it down. It doesn't sting my eyes and removes even the most stubborn of mascara formulas.

Then it's on to my second cleanse and for this I usually go for something soothing or hydrating so my skin doesn't feel dry or tight after cleansing. The one I've chosen this time is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Cleanser. Containing nothing more than Hyaluronic Acid this lightweight gel cleanser cleanses away any lingering make up and daily grime whilst simultaneously giving skin a boost of hydration, something I find my skin needs after a day of wearing make up. Both of these I remove with a damp flannel or muslin cloth, it depends what isn't in the wash.

Now my make up is off and my skin feels a lot fresher, it's time to move onto the rest of my skincare. I'm feeling like doing a mask but before I go in with that I think I'm going to tone and refresh my skin to make sure the mask works better. So for my toner I'm going in with the infamous Pixi Glow Tonic. This is one of my favourite toners with it's 5% Glycolic Acid formula. It not only provides my skin with a gentle exfoliation but revitalises and refreshes whilst the Aloe Vera soothes and alleviates any dry or tight feeling I may have after cleansing.

Now this next step may seem a little excessive considering I'm putting a mask over top but I feel this is good at locking everything in place and really nourishing my skin. Before I apply my mask I go in and spritz my face generously with the Botanics Rosewater Toning Spray. It's really refreshing, nourishing and revitalising which gives my skin that much needed boost. Plus it smells absolutely divine.

Then it's finally onto my mask and as I'm feeling a little lazy I'm going for a sheet mask over your more traditional wash off mask. And there is only one brand I reach for when it comes to sheet masks, Garnier. Their Moisture Bomb Tissue Masks are amazing. They fit the face perfectly, don't flap about or peel off and genuinely feel like their working on the skin. The one I've chosen this time is their Glow-Revealing Mask. It contains Sakura Extract alongside Hyaluronic Acid to moisturise skin whilst revealing skin's natural healthy looking glow. They say to leave this on for fifteen minutes but I like to leave it on for longer so my skin really benefits from the serum that the mask is soaked in.

And whilst that's working it's magic I get myself into my pjs ready for the evening. And for that I can't resist pulling on this adorable set from Primark. Consisting of a crop top/bralette and shorts with an adorable Minnie Mouse print, this two piece is ultra soft to the touch and ultra comfortable. And my favourite part is that the crop top makes my boobs feel secure and supported even though it doesn't have any underwiring or built in support. And as a bigger busted lady it means I'm very happy as I can wear just this and not feel like my boobs are around my knees.

Then over top of that I throw on a ridiculously oversized sweatshirt. This is another gem from Primark and looks like just an ordinary sweatshirt but when you actually put it on, it is practically a dress. I love it! It covers my shorts and makes it look like I'm wearing more of a jumper dress than a sweatshirt. Plus it's uber soft inside and out and has this cute little embroidery design on the right corner.

 Then once I'm changed and my mask is removed, I move onto my hair. Out come the hundreds of bobby pins that hold it all in place and in goes a generous amount of the Rosie For Autograph Divine Miracle Oil. This multi purpose oil is lightweight enough to run through the lengths and ends of hair but can also be used in the bath and on the skin. With hints of orange blossom this delicious smelling oil is really nourishing in my hair and leaves my occasionally dry ends feeling silky soft and smelling gorgeous. Then I pile it up into a pineapple on the top of my head and secure in place with an invisbobble.

And the last bits I do to make myself feel pampered and relaxed for the evening is make sure my lips are smothered in lip balm and my hands are moisturised. Carmex is my go to for lip balm, I know a lot of people say it's not good for you but it's the only thing that actually leaves my lips feeling moisturised. And then to make sure my hands stay moisturised I go in with the Neal's Yard Bee Lovely Hand Cream. Containing Honey and Satsuma Extract, this not only smells delicious but also is super nourishing on my hands and can take away even the worst dryness that I have. It never leaves my hands feeling greasy and sinks into skin quickly so you don't have to worry about getting a greasy residue over everything.

Now I'm make up free, with pineapple hair and no bra it's time to make myself a hot drink (a Salted Caramel Mocha) and snuggle down with this little bed hog who always wants to sleep right next to me even though there's a whole double bed available to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment