Wednesday 27 September 2017

Autumn Lip Edit

AUTUMN IS FINALLY UPON US! Sorry I couldn't resist. I've been calling it Autumn since September began but now it is finally Autumn and I couldn't be happier. And one thing I adore about Autumn is that I can finally wear a lot of my lipsticks. I own more Autumn/Winter lipsticks than any other and I'm so happy that I can finally wear them all without looking like I'm trying my hand at being Wednesday Addams. And with being said, today I'm going to be sharing with you five lipsticks that I'm going to be getting plenty of wear out of in the upcoming months.

Gosh Velvet Touch Matte Lipstick in Raisin
Where do I start with Raisin? It's that perfect 90's grungey brown lip that suits a multitude of skin tones and will work with even more looks. I love pairing this with looks that incorporate dark grey or khaki shades as it compliments them so well. A matte finish, this has a dry texture but doesn't dry or powdery on the lips. It's extremely comfortable to wear for prolonged periods of time and can be reapplied over existing coats without cracking or gathering in any fine lines. It's one of only two lipsticks that I wore repeatedly throughout the whole of September.

Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Kit in Bespoke
Liquid lipsticks make up a big part of my collection and there are several that I know/plan on wearing a lot now that the weather is turning colder. The first one comes from one of the Barry M Lip Kits. Called Bespoke, this greyish purple shade is unique on it's own and will suit every one no matter what make up it's paired with or what skintone you have. The kit consists of a lip liner and matching liquid lipstick. The lip liner glides effortlessly along lips and leaves behind a highly pigmented finish whilst the liquid lipstick is thin in consistency and lightweight on the lips. Sure it can be drying after a while but so can most liquid lipsticks and it's easily solved with a bit of lip balm. I love wearing this with minimal make up for a new take on a neutral lip.


MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Elegance
Another liquid lipstick I can see myself wearing a lot this Autumn is this one from MUA. A dusky brown shade that looks more rosy toned in the bullet, Elegance is a elegant neutral lip that dries down dark enough to give it that Autumnal pop. Slightly thicker in consistency than the Barry M but still quite lightweight on the lips, this does not budge once it's dried down. Only an oil based make up remover is going to be getting rid of this. Transferproof and long wearing, this is another great shade to add a pop to a minimal look and giving neutral/nude lips a boost.

Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Out Loud
Now this is the newest addition to my collection but based on how many times I've worn it since I brought it, I think it definitely deserves a spot here. A burnt orange shade was something I was looking for to add to my collection and this the perfect shade. Reminding me a lot of the colour of a pumpkin and containing a red undertone that suits my skintone perfectly, Out Loud is the perfect Autumn colour. Lightweight, easy to wear, transferproof and less drying than other liquid lipsticks, this lipstick may have cost more than I usually like to pay for lipstick but it was well worth those extra pounds. And it's one I can see myself wearing a good three or four times a week.



Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lipstick in Divine Wine
Now if you've read my previous Lip Edit's then you'll notice that this one is lacking a particular lipstick has featured in most if not all of my Autumn Lip Edits. Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick in 107 is missing. And it's a shade that I don't plan on wearing a lot this Autumn. There's nothing wrong with the lipstick, it's a perfectly good lipstick that I've worn for years. However upon wearing it this year I noticed the shade had changed and it didn't look the same on me as it used to. I haven't thrown it away but I have swapped it with another shade that I was counting down the days until I could wear again. Maybelline's matte shade Divine Wine is another variation of 107 but suits my skintone a lot better than 107 does/did. Creamy in texture and application, this shade doesn't become uncomfortable on the lips after a few hours. It transfers ever so slightly but doesn't show and if it does fade then it's evenly and still leaves a completely opaque finish behind. Reapplication is easy and doesn't ball or gather and even still doesn't dry lips out so that you're dying to take it off. Definitely a shade I'm going to be wearing a ton in place of red throughout Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment