Sunday 3 September 2017

Review: KiraKira Studio AHA Liquid Cleanser

A few weeks ago I saw a new brand called KiraKira reaching out on Twitter for bloggers to try out their new cleanser. And as soon as I saw that it was called AHA I knew I had to reply and enquire more. And they ever so kindly sent me a bottle of their new cleanser to try out. I will say now though, that I'm not being paid to write this post but they did ask me to share my thoughts on their product as they get ready to launch this cleanser.

Their AHA Cleanser is a mixture of Glycolic, Citric and Sterarlic acid and this cleanser easily breaks down make up but can also be used on bare skin to remove the daily build up of dirt, grime, excess oil and other impurities that can cause havoc with skin. The effective AHA concoction also helps repair and rejuvenate skin and cell turnover without drying skin out or leaving it feeling irritated or tight. That means that any texture or uneven skintone that you may have will feel diminished after you've used this and skin will be left feeling supple and softer to the touch. And the best bit about this product, it's all natural and free from parabens, mineral oil and palm oil, some of skincares nastier ingredients.

I've tested this for an entire week to gather my thoughts on this product. I've used this as an initial cleanse whilst wearing make up, as a second/double cleanse as well as on my bare skin as a morning and evening cleanse. And whilst I do like it to remove my make up, it really breaks it down with very little effort, I don't really like it as a cleanser on bare skin. It doesn't seem to really cleanse the skin as well as I would like it to. I find I need to go in with another cleanser afterwards to make sure my skin is properly clean before applying the rest of my skincare routine.

When it comes to trying out new face washes/cleansers I don't tend to break out and after having used this for a week, I haven't had any breakouts but that may be because my skin loves products that contain Glycolic Acid. If you have sensitive or reactive skin I'd say you'd still be able to use this but just a little less often than others with more normal or combination skin's. It's lightweight, doesn't clog pores and doesn't leave a film over the skin which makes it suitable for even the oiliest of skin types and the combination of AHA's will help with any excess sebum that skin may be creating.

KiraKiraStudio are starting to launch this product over here in the UK and market themselves as a brand that's bringing Japanese inspired skincare and beauty to the forefront of their products and brand in general. The packaging of AHA is very reminiscent of that of Japanese beauty products and certainly fits with the aesthetic and style they are promoting. The AHA Cleansing Liquid is £19.99 a bottle but for the price is a larger than normal cleanser size, coming in at 190ml a bottle. This is the first of many products they're planning on launching, details of which you can find over on their social media platforms and website..

No comments:

Post a Comment