Wednesday 6 September 2017

Review: Simply Pure Hydrating Night Serum

Simply Pure is one of my favourite of Superdrug's own brands. The products are brilliant, well priced and suitable for those of us with more gentle skins. One of my favourite serums is their Hydrating Day Serum so when I saw they had released a evening version I couldn't resist picking one up.

The Simply Pure Hydrating Night Serum is essentially a thicker richer version of their Hydrating Day Serum. It's packed full of Allatonin, Soothex and Hyaluronic Acid to soothe skin as well as hydrate, the Hyaluronic Acid working over a longer period of time to give skin slow release bursts of hydration instead of one hit, allowing skin to dry out a few hours after application. It's fragrance free, hypoallergenic and suitable for all skin types even the most sensitive of skins.

As I'm a big fan of the Hydrating Day Serum I knew that I was going to like this and I wasn't wrong. It's a lot thicker in texture and feel on the skin and takes longer to sink into the skin but that means it's just giving the Hyaluronic Acid more time to work and bond with the skin. This isn't a product you can layer something over top so in a way it eliminates the need of a night cream over top. However I still put a night cream over top, I just wait until right before I go to sleep so that this has been giving a chance to really sink in and moisturise the skin and then my night cream just tops up the moisture levels. The Allatonin in this makes it perfect for those nights where I've gone in with a strong acid toner or treatment and want to make sure that my skin doesn't become irritated afterwards whilst simultaneously moisturising it.

If you're looking for something new to add to your evening skincare routine or are just a fan of really hydrating products then I highly recommend you check this out. It's readily available in Superdrug stores and on their website and doesn't break the bank. Now a lot of people don't believe that inexpensive own brands work but Simply Pure and Superdrug's Own Brand products really do work, with visible results and ridiculously good prices. I recommend checking this out when you're in your local Superdrug next.

No comments:

Post a Comment