Sunday 17 September 2017

Review: Soap And Glory Sheet Masks

When Soap and Glory announced that they were releasing sheet masks I was excited and rushed out to grab the collection as soon as I could. But then they sat in my collection and I completely forgot to use them in favour of trying other sheet masks I'd purchased. And whilst there is still a couple of them that I haven't tried, the rest of the range I've thoroughly enjoyed.

Let's start with the two I haven't tried yet. The first is the Speed Plump Miracle Moisture Mask. I think the reason I haven't tried this one is because the only hydrating/moisturising sheet masks that I enjoy using/find myself reaching for are the Garnier Moisture Bomb Masks. However this one sounds as if I could love it just as much or even more. Packed full of Hyaluronic Acid as well as Rose, Peony Flower Extract, Safflower and Essential Orange Oil, this mask claims to hydrate and plump skin in record time which makes it perfect for those looking for a quick hydration boost. Aimed at dry/dehydrated skin, this masks incredible ingredient list could rival that of the Moisture Bomb masks.

The other mask that I haven't tried from this range is the The Fab Pore Pore-Refining Mask. Aimed at more combination/oily skin types, this mask contains Lavender, Mint, White Willow Bark and Tea Tree to not only reduce the appearance of any excess sebum but to also mattify and detoxify the skin at the same time. I think the reason I haven't used this one yet is because my skin isn't particularly oily except around that time of the month. So I think a case of forgetting it and not necessarily needing it has led to me forgetting about what promises to be a good mask.

One of the masks I have tried is the Bright and Beautiful Radiance Boosting Mask. I wasn't too keen on this mask, it didn't seem to fit the face well and started to peel away mere minutes after I applied it. It's ingredients are promising though, containing Vitamin C, Roobios Extract and Pink Grapefruit, this mask works well to brighten the skin and give it a healthy glow. It's only the material of the mask itself and the way it's cut to fit a face that let's it down.

A product in the range that did impress me was their Puffy Eye Attack Under Eye Brightening Hydro-Gel Patches. With ingredients such as Cucumber Juice and Liquorice Extract, this thin gel like patches work wonder to reduce any signs of puffiness as well as fatigue and dryness. Cooling, soothing and hydrating, this little wonders are perfect for the morning when your eyes need a bit of a pick me up.

And the last mask in the range and another I thoroughly enjoyed is their What A Peeling De-Clog Mask. Packed with ingredients such as Kaolin and Vitamin C this mask works to de-clog and purify skin whilst simultaneously brighten and giving skin a healthy glow. With this mask you get two capsules of mask which is brilliant value for money. There is a ton of product in each capsule and it also comes with a spatula so that you don't have to get your hands covered when you apply it. This mask is bright pink in colour and dries down quickly to a paper like consistency that you can just peel straight off the skin. It unlike other peel off masks actually comes off in one peel and leaves skin feeling smooth, soft to the touch and clean. Definitely my favourite product in this range.

Overall I really like the range of masks. There is the Moisture Mask which I haven't tried yet but sounds promising and the under eye patches and purifying mask are stand out products. I don't know when I'll use the pore mask or if I'd repurchase it purely because my skin doesn't need that kind of mask regularly. And the Vitamin C mask whilst I've repurchased it for the sake of this post, I don't know if I'd purchase it again because it's more work than I like my sheet masks to be. However if you're not planning on doing much whilst you wear the mask then it'll be perfect for you. Not ridiculously expensive with visible results and readily available in Boots, I'd say Soap and Glory have done very well with their foray into the ever growing trend of sheet masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment