Monday 25 September 2017

Monthly Favourites: September

How on earth is it the end of September already? It's like I've blinked and missed it. To be fair though, I've had a busy month at work and it's only going to get busier as that certain period of the year draws near. However that being said, it hasn't stopped me gathering a fair few favourites this month, a few new and a few rediscoveries.


Let's get the rediscoveries out of the way first. The first product I've discovered again this month and haven't been able to get a enough of is the Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation. I loved this when it first came out and used it constantly but then it just sat in my collection. Until this month when I picked it up thinking it was the Loreal Cushion Foundation. The coverage, finish and longevity blew me away again and apart from a couple of occasions I haven't stopped wearing this all month. It's buildable medium coverage is enough to cover my redness but still let's skin look and feel like skin. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this over the upcoming months instead of reaching for higher coverage foundations.

And paired with the Drem Cushion, I've been thoroughly enjoying the Maybelline SuperStay Setting Spray. This was my go to setting spray before I discovered the Collection setting spray because it set make up in place but didn't drench the skin and let skin breath. And I've gone back to it this month and I can totally understand why this was the only setting spray I reached for. It has a fine mist that covers skin but doesn't drench skin or disrupt make up. It locks make up in place and gives it a more natural finish but doesn't clog pores or leave skin feeling like it can't breathe. I have a back up of the Collection spray in my back up draw but don't think I'm going to be needing that for a while.

An eye cream that's worked wonders for me this month comes from Olay. Their Total Effects Eye Transforming Cream has really changed the appearence of my under eye area and I couldn't be happier. A lightweight cream this not only hydrates the skin around my eyes but helps reduce puffiness, the appearence of dark circles and any fine lines I may have. I used to use this before I discovered the SKYN Iceland and found myself reaching for it again when the SKYN Iceland stopped showing results and didn't do much for my eyes.

A product I fell in love with from the first use was the Naturally Radiant Glycolic Tonic. I would have put it in my August Favourites but had only been using it for two days so didn't think it fair. However I had to put it into this month's as I just can't get enough of this product. Containing 5% Glycolic Acid this toner like product has really helped with the texture of my skin as well as it's radiance and feel. I've been using this everyday after I've removed my make up in place of a toner and it really rejuvenates my skin without drying it out and leaving soft to touch. A full review of it can be found here if this has intrigued you.

Powder is one product I'm never too fussed about. As long as it sets my make up in place I'm happy with it. However there has been a powder I've been loving all of this month and I can't believe I was just letting it sit in my collection. The MUA Professional Setting Powder is a transparent powder that sets make up in place without leaving my skin looking powdery or cake like at all. And as you can see I've used it so much that I've hit pan on and had to go and buy a back up in case this one breaks.

A new release I haven't stopped using this month is the new Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Primer. It's a white lash primer which helps to maintain the curl and volume in your lashes. I've loved this, it's helped keep my lashes looking better for longer and they haven't lost my hard worked curl after twenty minutes. Paired alongside the Lash Sensational mascara as well as the Loreal Miss Hippie mascara, my lashes have been volumised, curled and defined in stunning manner. A full review of this is coming next week.

There have been two lipsticks I've been obsessed with this month. The first I discovered whilst I was shopping my stash and ever since I haven't been able to stop wearing it. It's Gosh's Velvet Touch Matte Lipstick in Raisin. It's a true brown shade that flatters my fairer skintone and gives off that 90's grunge style when I wear it. It has a comfortable matte finish that doesn't transfer and doesn't leave you with prune lips after wearing it for a few hours. I'v loved pairing it with khaki coloured items in my wardrobe to give a twist on the 90's grunge trend that is still hanging around.

And the last product I have to share with you this month is one I've owned for a week but is one that hasn't left my lips in the last seven days. It's the Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Out Loud. It's a gorgeous burnt orange shade that reminds me a lot of pumpkins and is exactly the kind of colour I've been looking for to add to my collection this Autumn. It's a liquid lipstick so it is a matte finish but it isn't ridiculously drying or uncomfortable to wear. The doe foot applicator makes application a dream and I seriously can not get enough of this lipstick. I will definitely be buying more shades from this range.

It's the most wonderful time of the year. Yes I know it's not Christmas for another couple of months but it is Pumpkin Spice Latte season! And I can't get enough. Every time I near a Starbucks I can't stop myself and end up walking out of there with a PSL. They're just the right amount of spice in there that it isn't overpowering and if you get whipped cream on top, it's just like utter perfection. I'm totally going to be spending the majority of my wages on as many PSL's as possible.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle is finally in cineams and I saw it on Friday. It was amazing. I laughed, I was shocked, I wanted to cry and I also cursed out Matthew Vaughn a few times. If you loved the first Kingsman movie I highly recommend seeing the Golden Circle. With Julianne Moore as a utterly brilliant villian, this movie takes spy movies and gives it a brilliant twist. With a star packed cast including Taron Egerton, Colin Firth, Mark Strong and Jeff Bridges just to name a few, this movie is my movie of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment