Wednesday 11 October 2017

Dupes: Facial Cleansers

 
 I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love a good cleanser. After face masks they are the one product I'm always buying new of either to try as it's new or it's just caught my eye in a shop. However sometimes my budget doesn't always allow for me to try tons, especially high end ones. So I've been looking round and found three budget friendly dupes for the more higher end cleansers that I love.

High End: Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser £14
Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is one of my all time favourite products. It's cream formula works to not only cleanse and lightly exfoliate skin but also to soothe and help with the appearence of redness and roseaca.Containing ingredients such as Vitamin E, Calendula and Aloe Vera this is perfect for those who want their skin to feel invigorated after cleansing but not stripped, irritated or left feeling as if it's going to break out. Perfect to use both as a morning or evening cleanse, this will leave skin feeling clean, nourished, revitalised and ready for anything you apply over top without leaving it feeling heavy or greasy.

Dupe: Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser £5.99
However if you're looking for a more budget friendly version to try then I recommend high tailing it to your local Superdrug and picking up their own brand Hot Cloth Cleanser which is just as good as the Liz Earle, if not better. Containing Kiwi, Mulberry and Horse Chestnut Extracts this cream based formula is lightweight and doesn't weigh skin down or clog pores. It has naturally occuring AHA's in it's formula which work to loosen and remove any dead skin cells, revealing brighter more radiant looking skin. It's hypoallergenic and suitable for those with even the most sensitive skin, it's complex of ingredients leaning more towards the natural than the chemical one a lot of cleansers have.

High End: Clinique Take The Day Off Balm £22
Cleansing balms aren't something I reach for a lot but I do adore the Clinique Take The Day Off Balm. It's balm to oil formula eradicates even the most long wearing of make up without leaving skin feeling greasy or clogged. A little goes a long way and is gentle enough to remove eye make up as well. It has a bit of a price tag but I've owned my tub since last December and am still nowhere near the bottom. It's worth every penny.

Dupe: The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Balm £10
The Body Ship's Camomile Cleansing Balm was the first cleansing balm I tried and I can see why it's such a popular product. Lightweight, balm to oil formula and suited for more sensitive skins, this balm removes all signs of make up including eye make up. It's only downfall is that it's not as large as the Clinique so you do tend to go through it quicker. Mine is actually empty and I keep meaning to pick a new one up.

High End: Merumaya Melting Cleansing Balm £16
The last high end cleanser that whilst it's nice is easily duped comes from a lesser known brand called Merumaya. It's a thick almost balm like consitency that transforms into an oil once you rub it into skin. It breaks down even the most full coverage of foundations and could even be used to remove make up but obviously it may sting eyes if used incorrectly. I like it because it works and it doesn't irritate my skin even if it has a strong scent that reminds me a lot of the Johnson's Baby Shampoo.

Dupe: Botanics Hydration Burst Dual Action  Cleanser £6.99
And the last dupe is one that I enjoy but don't reach for as much as I should. I think it's the slightly thicker consistency that puts me off. It's particuarly a bad thing but when it comes to removing my make up I'm more inclined to lightweight yet powerful cleansers that just cut right through everything. However if you have more dry/dehydrated skin then this cleanser is perfect for you as it's thick formula works to nourish skin as you remove make up. And it's half the price of the Merumaya which if you're skin is a little sensitive to fragrance may irritate whereas this has barely any fragrance so shouldn't cause any kind of discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment