Friday 13 October 2017

Product Empties:October

It's time to show you my trash again! Yes it's product empties time again and surprisingly there isn't as much to share as I've had previous months. If you're new around here and aren't sure what these posts are, I collect empty beauty products for three months and then share my thoughts with you on those products. I did one in January, April and July and today's post is the last empties of 2017. So let's get started.

Let's start with make up as it's the category I have the least for. This first product is probably one you've seen in my previous posts if you've been here a while. The Maybelline SuperStay Primer is my Holy Grail primer and I've lost count of how many bottles I've gone through since it was released in January. I go through so many as it's my everyday primer and I can't put make up on without applying this first. It's lightweight, doesn't clog my skin up and makes my make up last a lot longer than it does without it. I'm sure there will be plenty more of these featured in these posts as I'm not getting bored of it anytime soon.


Another primer you'll be familiar with comes from Barry M. Their Hydro Fix Primer Water is the perfect companion for the Maybelline and the pair make my make up apply and last beautifully. Surprisingly I've only gone through one bottle of this compared to the Maybelline but because it's a spray it lasts longer and you use less with each use. Not only does this prime skin for make up but it gives skin a hydration boost which is essentially locked into skin once you've applied your make up.





The last bit of make up I've used up is the Collection Fixing Spray. This is one of two setting sprays that I go between on a daily basis. It's a fine lightweight spray that locks make up into place, removes any signs of cake face and doesn't clog or irritate skin. It gives skin a soft matte finish but still allows skin's natural radiance to show through. It really works to keep make up looking fresh throughout the day and can easily be topped up if necessary. I'm on my second bottle now but I don't reach for it unless I know I need my make up to be in place all day.




I actually remembered to save a couple of bath bits this time. The first is the Soap and Glory Scrub Em and Leave Em Body Buff. This was a nice scrub, worked well and smelled divine. However it didn't impress me as much as the Sugar Crush Body Scrub does. It smelt good, lasted a while and didn't irritate my skin or leave it feeling sore afterwards. I wouldn't buy it again as I just love the Sugar Crush scrub a lot more.







The other bath product I saved is the Zoella Sweet Inspirations Bath Latte. This was nice but didn't blow me away. It didn't create a lot of difference in the bath, just left behind a beautiful smell that I can't get enough of. There was only a little bit in the bottle when I was tidying my bathroom the other day so I used it up to just declutter the room. I like the Zoella bath products but they always seem to have some disappointment as well as they never seem to work as well as she says they will.




Now this product may not look like it's empty but there is just no way to get that bit from the bottom out. This is a product I recently rediscovered in my collection and instantly fell back in love with. It's the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Cleansing Milk and it's amazing. It really breaks down make up, including mascara and leaves skin feeling squeaky clean but not stripped of it's natural oils The only downfall is that once the straw connected to the pump can't reach the product, you have no way of getting any out. Therefore you end up wasting a bit and even though it's not ridiculously expensive, it's still annoying and a waste of money. I've got another one on the go now and I can't get enough of it.

And the other cleanser type product I finished is the Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser. This is a cream based cleanser that reminds me a lot of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I really like this cleanser, it works well to break down make up but is also gentle enough to be used on bare skin. I've got another in my back up draw and can see myself showing another in a future empties.







An eye make up remover I finished is the Simple Duel Effect Eye Make Up Remover. This is good, it removes all signs of my mascara at the end of the day. It does leave a slightly greasy feeling residue around the eyes but that can easily be wiped away with a cotton pad. I'll probably buy more of this not because I enjoy the greasy feeling but because it's more effective than other eye make up removers I've tried.







I finally finished my Botanics Rosewater Toning Spray. I thought this was never going to end, I'd been using it for months and there was no sign of it coming to an end. I love this spray, it refreshes my skin, soothes and hydrates all at once. I love using this after I've taken my make up off or if my skin is feeling particularly sensitive as it instantly soothes and refreshes but doesn't drench skin. I already have another open and can guarantee that you'll be seeing more of these in future posts.





A facial spray that you've probably seen in an empties post before is the B Hyaluronic Acid Facial Spritz. This is one of my holy grail facial sprays and I've gone through so many bottles of this since it was released. Containing nothing but Hyaluronic Acid this spray hydrates skin at a deeper level and locks in moisture for longer, leaving skin looking feeling better for longer.








The last facial spray I have is from Pixi. I had mixed feelings about this when I first started using it but then fell in love with it, and that's when it was finished. The Pixi Wake Up Mist is perfect for a skin pick me up in the morning. It's got citrus extracts infused in the formula which really work to invigorate and wake up skin whilst simultaneously giving it a hydration boost. I don't know if I'd buy it again because it seemed to go down really quickly and I don't think you get enough product for the price point.





Loreal's Hydra Genius is a product I still can't talking about even though I'm on my third bottle. Aloe Water and Hyaluronic Acid make up it's formula and it works to hydrate skin over a longer period of time due to it's complex of ingredients that penetrate the skin deeper than most moisturisers. I will definitely be repurchasing more bottles of this, I can't go a day without using it and my skin instantly shows the difference if I miss a day.






Two serums that I finished that do practically the same thing both come from Superdrug Own Brand ranges. The Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum is sadly discontinued but I'm slowly working my way through my various back ups. It's hydrating, lightweight and just downright fabulous for my skin. I'll be very sad when I run out of this completely. The Simply Pure Hydrating Serum is a permanent part of Superdrug's Own Brand collection and does exactly the same as the Clearly Youthful, except the formula is a little gentler so that it can be used by those with even the most sensitive skins. I'll definitely be buying more of these and it's perfect for layering under a thicker moisturiser to give skin that perfect hydration boost.
A day cream I've finished and forgot was in my empties bin comes from Garnier. It's their Water Gel Glow Enhancing Cream. Part of the Moisture Bomb range, this contains Hyaluronic Acid and Pomegranate Extract to deliver a extra boost of hydration to skin which will leave it feeling softer, smoother and more supple for longer. This particular one has something extra in it that enhances skin's natural glow. I love this cream, it's lightweight enough to layer under make up but still enough to wear alone on non make up days. I've very nearly finished another pot of this and need to pick myself up a back up.



Another moisturiser from Garnier that I've finished up is my favourite Miracle Sleeping Cream. This gel like night cream with bounce back technology is like a good night's sleep in a pot. Packed with ingredients such as Lavender Essential Oil, Hyaluronic Acid and Jojoba Oil this moisturiser works to replump, refresh and hydrate your skin whilst you sleep. And even if you haven't had a good night's sleep, this cream will make it look like you have.






I don't use face wipes to remove my make up but I do use them to change or remove lip colours. They are so simple and can be quite precise at removing my chosen lip colour. And as I wear lipstick a good six out of seven days I go through a lot of wipes. Simple are some of my favourite as they don't break me out, are drenched to the point where they ruin the rest of my make up and actually remove the product, even liquid lipsticks. The Garnier Oil Infused Micellar Wipes are perfect for those more stubborn liquid lipsticks that an ordinary wipe won't remove. I'll definitely be buying more wipes in the future, which ones I'm not sure. It all depends which ones on offer.

All that's left to show you now is masks and as per usual there is a lot of them. Starting with the ones I seem to use the most, I've gone through seven of the Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Masks. Now they're not all the same type as you can see I seemed to have had three favourites out of the entire range. The Glow Enhancing, De-Tiring and Soothing masks have been the ones I've reached for the most lately. They're the ones that seem to do the most for my skin and I see instant results after using one whereas the original tissue mask doesn't seem to do a lot for my skin now. I have a pile of each of these in my collection so I'm sure you'll be seeing them in future empties.

I've also been trying out the Soap and Glory Sheet Masks a lot lately and I've managed to use the entire range since my last empties. The Puffy Eye Under Eye Patches are a definite repurchase, they worked so well to make my under eye look refreshed and puff free. The Radiance Boosting Mask I wouldn't be bothered about not repurchasing as it didn't do a lot for my skin. Whereas both the Pore Refining and Miracle Moisture Mask I'm mad about. They work brilliantly on the skin with instant results that carry over to the next day, especially if used in the evening. I have back ups of everything, even the Radiance mask as I want to give it a second chance.


I also used up one pot of the Soap and Glory What A Peeling Mask. I love this mask, not only because it's bright pink but because it works and my skin feels like heaven after I've used it. Plus there's something really satisfying about peeling it off once it's dried. You get two pods of this when you buy the full package which makes it great value for money and definitely a good reason to repurchase when it runs out.







I tried some Primark masks recently with mixed results. A friend told me great things about the Holler and Glow sheet masks so of course I picked one up. I was so disappointed. It was practically dry when I took it out the package. It didn't fit my face and in fact fell off after five minutes of wear. For £3 I would recommend trying something like the Garnier Moisture Bomb to get your money's worth. The other two sheet masks I tried from Primark weren't much better but they actually managed to stay on my skin for longer than five minutes. I didn't particularly see any difference in my skin once I'd used them but for the price point I didn't expect a lot. I probably won't repurchase them because I have tons of other that are worth the money.
I finally got round to trying one of the Origins Sheet Masks. I tried the Lavender mask to compare it to the De-Tiring mask from Garnier and whilst I liked it, I found it didn't give as good a results as the Garnier. However that being said it did leave my skin feeling soft, supple, hydrated and refreshed. However at a fiver a pop I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy another anytime soon.







Another mask I tried from Primark is their Charcoal and Black Sugar Scrub Mask. It was terrible, it was clumpy, scratchy and didn't spread on the skin. I only managed to leave it on the skin for five minutes before I had to remove it. It didn't do anything and I definitely wouldn't buy it again.









And the last two items that were sitting in the bottom of my empties basket were things I actually enjoyed using. The first is a multipack of under eye patches from Primark. Claiming to reduce the appearence of dark circles, this didn't exactly do what they claimed to but they did help hydrate and reduce any puffiness I had going on around my eyes. There were four pairs in there for a pound and I really enjoyed how they left my skin feeling so will definitely be repurchasing them. The other pack are the Charcoal Nose Strips from Superdrug. These little wonders work better than the more expensive ones from Biore and cost an eighth of the price. Really good at pulling out all the blackheads and crap from your nose and surronding area, I find myself fascinated when I remove them. Definitely something I'll be restocking on as they're always on some kind of 3 for 2 offer in Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment