Sunday 15 October 2017

GRWM: Night Out At ABBA

This past Saturday (the 14th) me and my mum had a night out. We went to see Thank You For The Music, a show that had tribute acts that sang the songs of both the Bee Gees and ABBA. I'm a huge fan of both and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'd happily see it again and again, it's amazing.So I thought that because I was dolling myself up a bit after nearly a week of being make up free, I thought I'd share with you my make up and outfit.

Once I've done all my skincare and have run my beauty blender under a tap, I prime my face. And for this I used a combination of primers. First I off I went in with the Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water. This is really hydrating on the skin and also soothes skin as well. Once I'd patted it in I went in with the Maybelline SuperStay Primer. It's lightweight consistency makes you thik it won't work but in fact it's better than thicker formula primers. This leaves behind a tacky finish that really makes foundation or any base product you lay over top stick in place. Once I'd rubbed this in my skin looked perfected and felt hydrated, refreshed and soothed.

Because this was the first night out me and my mum had had in a long time, I wanted to look that little bit more polished than I would on the everyday basis. So I dug out the Collection Lasting Perfection Colour Correctors to make my base that little bit more flawless. I started off with the Lemon shade under my eyes where the dark circles were darkest and blended it out with my finger. I find blending these out with a finger works better than with a sponge or a brush as it really melts the product into the skin. Then I took the Green shade to reduce the redness I had around a couple of blemishes and places such as around my nose. Again I blended it out with my finger and then dusted my Real Techniques Setting Brush over the places I'd placed them, using any excess product that was left on the brush from any previous uses to set them in place.

Foundation time and I just managed to squeeze out enough of the Loreal Total Cover Foundation to do my face. I love this foundation, it's go a ridiculously high coverage that covers blemishes, redness and uneven skintone. I dotted this all over my face then took my damp beauty blender and bopped it until it was blended in. It doesn't take a lot of work because a little bit of this foundation goes a long way and it's full coverage finish means you don't necessarily need a lot.

Now it's onto concealer and because I used the colour correctors and a full coverage foundation, I didn't need a lot of concealer. I dabbed a small bit of the Maybelline The Eraser Eye Concealer under my eyes and blended it in with my beauty blender. Then on my forehead mainly I popped a little bit o the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair to give a little bit more coverage and brighten my skin. This is a high coverage foundation but it doesn't look too heavy on the skin or sink into pores. Again I blended it in with my beauty blender and then went in to make sure everything was perfectly blended.

For powder I went in with the MUA Transparent Pressed Setting Powder. I didn't need a lot of this because the foundation was a matte finish so there wasn't a lot of shine or radiance on my face. I did take a bit under my eyes to make sure nothing wore away or creased as the night went on. And for that I used my Real Techniques Setting Brush which is just the right size for under the eye. Then I took my B Powder Brush which is absolutely massive and dusted it over my forehead and along the edges of my face to essentially lock everything into place.

I gave my brows a quick brush through with a spoolie and then ran a little bit of Benefit's Gimme Brow through them to add a little color and texture to them.

After a quick curl with my lash curlers I went in with a coat of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Primer. I absolutely adore this lash primer. It not only conditions my lashes but also helps maintain the volume and curl of my lashes after I've applied mascara. Then for mascara I went for a tried and tested one that I knew I'd get a good lash look from. And the mascara for that job was the Loreal Miss Hippie Mascara. It's full barrel shaped bristle brush really works to lift lashes and give them a stunning defined look everytime I use it. And this time it didn't disappoint either and the finished effect made my eyes look wide awake and almost doll like which is something I didn't know I liked the look of.

Lip colour was something I debated over for a while. I wanted to go bold but my outfit wouldn't work with a bold and then I had to find the right pinkish nude that would look too much with it. In the end I went for a combination I've worn countless times. I started off with the Barry M Lip Liner in Blowout. It has enough of a brown pink undertone to match this lipstick perfectly. It's creamy, opaque in one swipe and so easy to apply. I lined my lips with this but kept it handy for any touch up I needed once the lipstick was on. Then I went in with my trusty Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Lady Rose. As you can see I adore this lipstick so it was really the only choice for me when it come to choosing out of the Rosie For Autograph Lipsticks I own. This has a sheen finish but doesn't transfer ridiculously easily and feels comfortable on lips, even after long periods of time.

For my outfit I went with my trusty super high waisted skinny jeans that make my legs look longer and suck everything in, giving me a little more confidence. I paired it with this top from Primark which I've only had chance to wear once since I brought it and it's just too pretty to leave it in my wardrobe. It's thick enough to keep me from getting cold but wasn't too thick so I overheated. And I absolutely adore the white lace bottom that gives it a more expensive feel than it actually was.

For shoes I broke out a pair I'd brought especially for the night out. I actually brought these back in July when I first saw them, even though the weather was anything but Autumnal. These are made of a suede like material which makes a bit problematic if it rains but last night we were lucky. They have a slight block heel which is manageable to walk in and I didn't feel like Bambi on Ice in these. They hurt a little towards the end of the night but I think that was a combination of continuous dancing and having not worn them a lot. I can't wait to wear these for any other nights out I have, including the work Christmas Party.

Once I was dressed it was time to pack up my bag. I intially nearly brought this bag when I first saw it but my bestest Jasmin told me I didn't need it as I'd already brought a bag for this particular night out. However when I was shopping a few weeks later and I couldn't keep it out of my mind, I caved and brought it. It was the embellished detail that really sold it to me and I loved the little addition it gave to my outfit. I didn't take a lot with me, just a small purse with some cash in it , a compact mirror, my lip liner and lipstick.

I'm ready to head out the door but before I do, I've got to spritz some perfume. And the only perfume I'm reaching for at the moment is the Limited Edition Rosie For Autograph Rose Gold EDP. I've not had this for two weeks yet and I've already worn it a ton. I can't get enough of it. It's got the original Rose Centifolia notes that her original EDP had but this time it has added Bergamot, Amber and Freesia. It's got a spice to it that makes it perfect for evenings but it's not too overpowering for everyday wear. I sprayed this liberally and could still smell it when I got home, a good six hours later.

And here's the final look. I know the lighting isn't the best but it was a quickly taken selfie which was followed by a picture of me and mum together; it's our little tradition. I'm really happy with how this look turned out, especially since I've been having some skin complaints these last couple of weeks. I had a great night out and would definitely recommend seeing it/booking tickets again.

No comments:

Post a Comment