Sunday 1 October 2017

Review: Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Primer

Lash primers are a product I didn't really see the point of until last year when I tried the Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer. From then on I've been a lash primer convert and find that I can't go without adding one to my everyday look. And for the longest while I adored the Barry M Lash Saver Primer but it's now gathering dust in my collection now that Maybelline have added one to their evergrowing range.

The Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Primer looks just like any other lash primer but works wonders for those who struggle to keep lashes lifted and defined. With a spiralised bristle brush this white coloured primer works to help boost the length and volume of lashes both before and after mascara. It also contains a complex of ingredients that keeps lashes feeling soft and supple whilst simultaneously nourishing lashes whilst you wear it.

I used to be a big fan of the Lash Saver Primer from Barry M but I haven't even looked it's way since I purchased this. It's spiralised brush coats each individual lash generously without overloading lashes with product. It doesn't make it hard for you to cover it with any mascara of choice and once it's dried, lashes are defined, volumised and lengthened without being clumpy or clad in product. And the best bit about this product is that even hours later; when my lashes have usually drooped and returned to their flat state, lashes are still defined, volumised and flat out fabulous. And the best bit. Because this primer doesn't make lashes feel stiff or crispy to the touch, your lashes will be quite malleable and you'll be able to gently push them back into place if they have drooped slightly. It's my favourite thing about this primer as it instantly refreshes both the eyes and your make up look without needing a product or beauty tool.

When it comes to pairing this primer up with a mascara, I'd say go for a drier formula or a mascara that has been open for a while. There is something about the slightly drier formula that works well with the ingredients in the primer. Wetter formula mascaras work with it but they tend to smudge slightly because lashes are left quite wet from the combination and need time to dry. Of course Maybelline's Lash Sensational mascara works wonderfully it but so does the Maybelline Go Colossal Leather Black mascara because it isn't as wet as say the Loreal Paradise mascara or Maybelline's Push Up Angel. I'm not saying that you can't use this alongside a wet formula mascara, it just takes a bit more work and precision.

Coming in at £7.99, this is budget friendly with results from the first use. There aren't many other lash primers available on the high street but I feel it's something that you're going to be seeing a lot from other brands in the future. However if you can't wait for your favourite brand to release their own version of a lash primer, I highly recommend you check this one out. I think you won't be disappointed with the results. 

4 comments:

  1. Great review, its rare to read some good info about this product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful info. Very honest and informative

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you wear it on its own does it looks like you have white on your lashes? I'm looking for a clear mascara.

    ReplyDelete