Monday 9 October 2017

Review: Nip & Fab Skin Treatment Pads

Nip and Fab treatment pads are some of my absolute favourite products and I've gone through countless tubs of them. However this post is still a long time coming. It's mainly to do with the fact I wanted to have thoroughly tried each set of pads before I gave you my thoughts on them. And secondly it was always a post that I meant to post but ended up scheduling others instead. However today I'm sat comfortable to write this post out and inform you about the brilliance of these products.

If you've never seen or heard of these products I'll give you a quick run down. They're a tub of pre soaked pads that are packed full of ingredients such as Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Bee Venom and Witch Hazel. Each tub contains sixty pads and the six varieties are designed to meet a variety of skin needs. 

The first of the Nip & Fab pads that I want to talk about our their Glycolic Fix Pads.There are different types of pads in the Glycolic Fix range. The first is their Glycolic Fix Cleansing Pads. Containing around 2% Glycolic Acid these work to help cell turnover and loosen the bond between fresh skin and dead cells, essentially exfoliating skin to revitalise and increase skin's radiance. They're brilliant as a introduction to Glycolic Acid or AHA's in general as they're effective but gentle and don't leave skin feeling tight or irritated. Or if you're already using a AHA based product there is the Glycolic Fix Extreme Night Pads. Containing 5% Glycolic Acid this aren't for those with sensitive/reactive skin as they make the skin tingle after each use, with the results showing quicker on the skin due to the higher concentrate of Glycolic Acid. The Night Fix Extreme are my favourite of the two, used twice a week to retexturise, rejuvenate and brighten my skin.

Then you have the Bee Sting Toning Fix Pads. Containing Bee Venom and Witch Hazel, these pads work to tone, tighten and plump this skin in preparation for the rest of your skincare routine. Perfect for use both morning and night these pads really invigorate skin but don't leave it feeling dried out or too tight. It's almost as if they've given skin that quick lift but also a shot of hydration as well which you can add to with your chosen serum or moisturiser. Harder to find in stores, these pads are well worth the price tag and I find myself reaching for these more than the Glycolic Fix Pads which is saying something as anything with Glycolic Acid in it is a firm favourite.

The first pads I tried from Nip and Fab were their Dragon's Blood Fix Cleansing Pads. Containing Witch Hazel, Salicylic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid these pads work to deep clean skin whilst giving it a dose of hydration at the same time, with the Witch Hazel working to improve the appearance of the complexion as a whole including the appearance of enlarged pores. This are ideal for a quick pick me up on those no make up days when skin's not feeling it's greatest.

This next tub is a bit harder to find and I think they may be discontinued but I thought I'd mention them anyway. The Kale Fix Pads are advertised as make up removing pads but I've never used them for that purpose. I use them mainly when my skin is feeling dry and needs a bit of nourishment. Containing Kale, Watercress and Almond Oil these pads work to soothe skin, improve texture whilst enriching skin and protecting from any skin aggravators. Not as effective as the others in the range, this are nice if you want to give skin a soothe after a long day without having to go all in with a mask.

And then you have Nip and Fab's latest release. The Teen Skin Fix Pads are aimed at acne prone, problematic skin which doesn't just exist on teenagers but are aimed mostly at that age demographic. Containing Witch Hazel, Salicylic Acid and Wasabi Extract these pads work to reduce the appearance of blemishes whilst soothing skin and cleansing away any acne creating bacteria that could be lingering about. These are definitely my least used of the different ranges for two reasons. Firstly I don't get that many breakouts and secondly I don't think these work as well as they claim to.

Out of the six types of pre soaked pad that Nip and Fab have to offer, I think they're is only two maybe three that I can safely say are go to products for me. The Glycolic Fix Extreme Night Pads are a holy grail item for me and I've lost count of the amount of tubs I've gone through. I like the standard Glycolic Fix Pads but they don't tend to do as much for my skin as the Extreme Night Pads do. However if you're can't handle the 5% Glycolic Acid they contain then the standard Glycolic Fix would probably be a better fit for you. The only other range of pads I find myself reaching for are the Bee Sting Toning Pads. They work more effectively with my skin than any other toner type product I own. My skin feels firmer, plumper and more radiant after I've used these and whilst I've gone through a few of these, it's not as many as the Glycolic Fix Extreme Pads.

If I were to recommend a range from Nip and Fab it would have to be their Glycolic Fix range. Both tubs of pads are effective with visible results and can be used by those with more sensitive/reactive skin. They cost a bit more than the other ranges but can always be found on a buy one get one free or half price offer in Boots or Superdrug. I can't say enough good things about this range and have gotten several friends addicted to it as well. If you're looking for a product that will help with texture, radiance and cell turnover then these products are for you. And it's not like you have to wait a few uses for the results to show or the ingredients to work with your skin. I highly recommend checking them out when you're in the skincare aisles next.

No comments:

Post a Comment