Sunday 29 October 2017

Monthly Favourites: October

 
Where on earth has October gone? This month has just flown by. A lot of it's probably to do with the amount of overtime I've been doing at work this month but time just seems to have passed without me realising. And because October's been such a whirlwind I've not got a large selection of favourites for you all this month. A lot of products I've used are ones that I've used, loved and featured before but there are a couple of non beauty favourites I wanted to share with you.

The first favourite of the month is one that I didn't hesistate to buy even though my bank balance was crying out for me to stop spending. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley released a new limited edition fragrance to celebrate five years of her collaboration with Marks and Spencer's. Rose Gold is a mixture of her three previous scents, including notes of musk, rose centifolia and bergamot and vanilla. I haven't stopped wearing this since I brought it. It's my go to, favourite scent of the moment. It's like I'm wearing all of her fragrances at once and I love how it smells on my skin. It lasts for absolutely ages which is something I adore about her fragrances.I think I may need to alternate this with her other fragrances so I don't end up with an empty bottle sooner than I'd like.

The other Rosie For Autograph product I've been loving is her lipstick in Silk Cami. It's not a shade I expected to get a lot of wear out of now that fall/winter is well and truly upon us but when I had my week off work I found I wore this more than any other colour in my collection. It's a neutral shade that has a peach twist to it that doesn't take away from the brown tones, just adds a little something extra to them. It's a sheen finish but doesn't look too glossy and doesn't slip or slide on the lips. And if I've been wanting to tone it down a little bit, I've just dabbed a bit of Silk Rose over top to give it a more pink tone. Definitely one that's more suited for spring/summer but it's been perfect for those surprisngly mild days we've been having lately.

My skin has been absolutely horrendous month. I've had breakout after breakout and as it seems like I've gotten one under control then another pops up. So I haven't been playing with my skincare a lot this month as I don't want to aggravate my skin even more. Something I have rediscovered this month is the Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser. It's very remniscent of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, it's very thick cream consistency and natural ingredient formula works to soothe as well a brighten without irritating or stripping skin. And that's something I've really needed this month. I've been having a lot of skin issues and I've found that some of my usual favourite cleansers are just a bit too much for my skin. This though has been comforting, soothing yet cleansing all at once and has helped keep my skin looking as good as it can at the moment.

Another product I've been using to help with the battle I'm having with my skin is the B Essence Lotion. It feels like water on the skin and really helps to soothe and nourish my skin at the same time. It's lightweight in feel so it doesn't block pores and cause even more problems for my skin. I've been layering this under my skincare both morning and evening so my skin gets that extra nourishment for a longer period of time.

Now all that's left to talk to you about is my non beauty favourites. And I can't do an October Favourites post with talking about the one thing I've been looking forward to all month. Halloween. Now I know it's not here until tomorrow but I've been looking forward to it all month. I've baked Halloween recipes, decorated the house, watched Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus a million times and I'm preparing for tomorrow with a scary mask to make any trick or treaters jump.

This next non beauty favourite of mine only came out on Friday and seems a little like cheating putting it in this post but I haven't been able to stop listening to it and I think that's enough to earn it a place in my monthly favourites. Kelly Clarkson's new album Meaning of Life was released on Friday and I can not get enough of it. I've had it on repeat since Friday; I'm actually listening to it as I write this, and I can tell it's going to be played a lot even after this post goes live. Move You, Whole Lotta Woman, Heat, Slow Dance and Meaning of Life are just a few of my favourites from the fourteen track album. Clarkson's vocals are beyond perfection and reminds me of her earlier hits such as Because Of You and Breakaway. There has only been a few albums that have caught me from the first beat and this is one of them. I can guarantee everyone will be sick of me talking about this is a few weeks time. If you haven't heard it, go give it a listen on Spotify, you won't be disappointed.



Another singer that I haven't been able to get enough of this month is Andie Case. Once a week every week she uploads a cover of a recent or old school song. This month she has done amazing covers of If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys, Good at Goodbyes by Sam Smith, New Rules by Dua Lipa and Ready For You By Taylor Swift. Case brings something unique to every cover and I find myself loving her covers more than the originals. Subscribe to her on Youtube or find her on Spotify, if there's one thing I suggest it's giving her a listen, she has an amazing amount of talent.

And my last favourite of the month is the night out me and my mum had a couple of weeks ago. Back in June we booked tickets to see a show called Thank You For The Music. It's a ABBA and Bee Gees tribute show and it's fantastic. I've seen the show a few times now and everytime I'm still in awe as I watch. I grew up listening to the music of both ABBA and the Bee Gees so I may have sang along all night long, probably deafening the poor gentleman in the seat next to me. It was a nice carefree evening spent with my mum, where we had a good laugh, a sing along and excuse to put on our glad rags. I think if it comes around again next year I'll definitely be buying tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment