Sunday 1 October 2017

Review: Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick

 
If you've been here for a while then you'll know I am a massive fan of matte lips and liquid lipsticks in particular. I've always got my eye out for the next brand to try their hand at them. So when Smashbox released their version, I was excited but the price tag and troubles with availability at my local Smashbox stand meant I took a little longer getting my hands on one. However I have one now and can tell you, I will certainly be purchasing more.

I'd like to say that choosing a shade was hard but I knew exactly what shade I wanted straight away. I'd been looking for a stunning deep burnt orange shade to compliment the upcoming seasonal changes and had looked everywhere. Until one night I was watching Makeupbyalli and she showed the shade Out Loud in a PR Unboxing. That was it, I had to have it. It was stunning and exactly what I'd been looking for.

Out Loud as I said is a gorgeous burnt orange shade that is muted yet bold at the same time. There is just enough of a red undertone running through it to stop it looking too garish on the lips. I was worried that it would be too orange on my fair skin but it doesn't and I think that's because it also has a brown undertone which makes it wearable for a multitude of skintones.

Most liquid lipsticks come with your standard doe foot applicator but not this one. The Always On liquid lipstick comes with a diamond shaped applicator which gives a more precise and defined finish. It holds enough product and you don't find yourself wiping off to much product before application. The shaping of the applicator means you can create a sharp defined line with or without lip liner to guide you and the pointed tip means you can really work in detail along the cupids bow and the corners.

This doesn't take long to dry down and once it does, it's not going anywhere. You can eat and drink but heed warning, anything too greasy will break it down and you may experience some fading or smudging but apart from that, this lipstick does not budge. I can't say that it's completely comfortable at all times but it doesn't dry lips out to that point where you want it off. But with all liquid lipsticks or matte finish lip products, it all depends on the state of your lips before you apply it. I find a bit of lip balm underneath this helps prolong wear, look and appearence.

At £19 a pop this cost a little more than I usually like to pay for a lipstick but it's worth every penny. I've only had this for two weeks but I've worn it a good six or seven times already. I just can't get enough of it. I will definitely be picking up more of these, I swatched the shade Bawse when I picked up Out Loud and was so tempted to buy both. If you want a highly pigmented, opaque in one swipe and long lasting then these are for you. Slightly higher end in price but worth it and with a wide selection of shades, there is bound to be one for you. I'd say keep your eyes peeled over my next few monthly favourites to see what other shades I may have picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment