Tuesday 17 May 2016

Disappointing Products #2

 
Every now and again I try a product that just doesn't work for me or doesn't meet the claims it's advertised with. So today I'm sharing with you some of my latest disappointing products. And I know some of these products may work well for you or may be holy grail products to some but they just didn't work for me.

 Up first is one of the newer releases from Revlon. This is the Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor. It is essentially their version of a liquid lipstick. However it wasn't anywhere as good as a liquid lipstick. It's a very slippy feeling product that doesn't dry down on the lips and feels nothing like a matte lip product would. The colour is lovely and the applicator is a decent applicator but when a product says it's matte I expect a matte finish and that's what really made this a disappointing product to me. If you like more of a velvet finish then this is probably right up your street.

Next is another lip product that I was looking forward to trying and was sorely disappointed with. This is the Makeup Revolution Matte Lipstick in Propaganda. It is such a beautiful colour which was what drew me to it in the first place. When I swatched it on the back of my hand it was a really nice creamy colour which had a matte look even on the back of my hand. However when I went to put this on my lips I had to struggle to even get it transfer from the bullet onto my lips. I really had to drag this across my lips to get any colour pay off and when I managed that it was very light and streaky looking. Since then it's just been gathering dust in my lipstick drawer.

And the last make up product I have is the Loreal Infallible Fixing Mist. I was really excited when they first released this product as there weren't that many fixing mists on the high street. But when I first tried this I was really disappointed. This is a fixing spray that comes in two parts and if left standing for too long the two parts separate and one half settles at the bottom of the bottle. And then there's where your troubles start. If you don't shake this enough then you're going to end up with white dried dots on your face that makes it look like you have toothpaste everywhere. As for increasing the longevity of your make up, it doesn't do a very good job either. As far as I'm concerned it didn't help keep my make up in place for longer. If you're looking for a good budget option then I suggest that you try the Maybelline Superstay Setting Spray.

And now we're onto a make up sponge I was looking forward to trying but now regret buying. It's the Maybelline Dream Blender. It has some of the standard shape of a classic beauty blender but comes with a handle to aid use. The handle is useless and just makes the product cumbersome and the sponge itself is too hard to really work with any products. When I tried this for the first time I used it under my eyes to blend in my concealer and instead of giving it a flawless coverage it actually soaked up more product and didn't blend any of my concealer in. I was left with a distinct line where my concealer was. If you're going to buy a sponge go for the classic Beauty Blender or the Real Techniques Complexion Sponge.

Now we're moving onto skincare. This is the Vitamin E Leave On Moisture Mask. It's a pink jelly consistency mask that you put on the skin and leave to sink it to give an instant moisture boost. Yes it goes on nicely, sinks in nicely but unfortunately for me it broke me out in a rash after it's first use. It's a shame really as the vitamin e range usually works for me but this left my skin red, textured and gave me a few hard to clear spots. Essentially a good product but it just didn't work for me.

Next we have the Avene Eau Thermal Spring Water. This is a toning mist designed to tone and hydrate skin with every use. This is another product that just didn't agree with my skin. Instead of toning and hydrating my skin this actually dried it out and affected my complexion. Instead of looking glowy and awake my skin looked red and dull and my dark circles were prominent against my fair skin. It doesn't spray very well onto the skin either but I may have just had a dodgy bottle. If you're looking for a good toning mist then I'd suggest trying the Vitamin E Refreshing Toning Mist from Superdrug.

The last skincare product I have is the Garnier Moisture Bomb Night Cream. When they first released this I thought it would be a good overnight treatment for sometimes dry skin. Yeah, I was wrong. Instead of helping hydrate my skin it made my skin look oily even the morning after I used this. It's aimed at dry to dehydrated skin but I think that it's ingredients are a bit too strong for somebody with the occasional dry day. It you're not overly oily or have dehydrated skin then definitely give this a go but if your skin is no where near dry then stay well away from this. The Garnier Moisture Restore+ is probably a better product for you.

And the very last product in this post is the COLAB Extreme Volume Dry Shampoo in the Monaco scent. I absolutely love the sheer invisible version of these products and have gone through many bottles so I thought I'd give this one a go. Yeah, that was a mistake. As soon as I sprayed this into my hair, I knew I wasn't going to like it. As I rubbed it into my hair to give it that volume boost it turned sticky in my hair and didn't give any volume, in fact it just left my hair looking flatter than it already did. And for the whole day I could feel how hard and sticky this was in my hair. It made brushing it that night a very painful ordeal and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. It's a shame as I'm such a fan of the other COLAB products.

So that's it for my disappointing products. What are your most disappointing products? Were any of them the same as mine? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment