Sunday 8 May 2016

Review: Pixi Glow Tonic

When I first heard about Pixi Glow Tonic I was intrigued but not intrigued enough to buy a bottle. Sure it sounded good but back then I wasn't into higher end skincare and didn't think it was going to work with my then sensitvie skin. But towards Christmas time last year I recieved a bottle in my Marks and Spencers Beauty Advent Calender and found myself actually looking forward to using it. I put it off, put it off and put it off some more until I finally bit the bullet and used it. Then it went straight back in my draw of unused skincare as I didn't think it was doing anything for my skin. Until recently when I decided to give it a go again and am now kicking myself for waiting this long to try it again. It has become a complete skin saviour to me.

If you don't know what Glow Tonic is, it's an exfoliating toner designed to be used after your cleanse. Containing Glycolic Acid, Ginseng and Aloe Vera, it's supposed to tone, exfoliate, soothe and give radiance to your skin. A lot of claims for one product I know. However I find that all these claims are actually true, something very rare with skincare products.

I advise using this after removing your make up or after your evening cleanse. Not only will it work effeciently as a toner but it'll also make sure there isn't any stray make up left on your face. All you have to do is pour some onto a cotton pad and wipe it over your face like you would with any cleansing lotion or toner. It is an orange coloured liquid so don't be alarmed when you take the pad away and there is an orange tinge. Depending on how sensitive your skin is there can be a slight tingle to the skin after you've used it, that's just the glycolic acid in it and if your skin isn't bothered by it then there shouldn't be a worry. If your skin is very sensitive then definitely use this with caution.

I started using this after I removed my make up to try and help with some texture I had on the side of my face and my jawline. My usual methods weren't working and I thought why not give it a go. I didn't worry about any of the ingredients as I've used them on my skin before so I just jumped head first into using this. And I'm so glad I did. Within a week of using this again any texture I had on my face had disappeared and my skin felt smoother, softer and even plumper to the touch. Ever since I started using this again I've had no worries with texture and if I do feel some then I use Glow Tonic daily combined with my Nip And Fab Extreme Glycolic Fix Pads and it's gone straight away.

If you're looking into trying out some more higher end skincare and you don't know where to start or you're just looking to add a toner to your skincare regime then definitely give this a go. It's definitely a good product and I can see myself going through multiple bottles of this in the future but it's also a product you won't know how good it is until you try it. If you have very sensitive skin that doesn't react well to new products then give this one a miss but if your skin can handle a new addition every now and again I'd say definitely go check this out. A little bit pricey but definitely worth every penny.

Have any of you tried this? What did you think? Or did you have another toner recommendation for me? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment