Thursday 19 May 2016

Review: Loreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation

Today's review is a product I've been dying to review since I first saw it over on the American Beauty Girl's channels. The Loreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation has finally been released in the UK and I have to say it's by far my favourite release of the year so far.

If you don't know the premise of this new release, it's a liquid foundation in a cushion form and all you have to do it is tap the cushion to release the product. And depending on how many times you tap depends on the coverage and finish you get. The packaging consists of four parts. There is a decent sized mirror in the lid, a sponge that the deep set mirror covers when you close it, an airtight seal that keeps the foundation fresh and then the cushion foundation itself. Some may think the packaging is bulky but personally I think it's practical especially if you're taking it on the go but even if your not taking it on the go with you it's not going to take up a lot of room in your make up storage. It is slightly different to some of the other Loreal packaging and I like it as it makes it stand out from everything else.


When it comes to the foundation itself I was worried that I wouldn't like it as it's advertised as a sheer to buildable medium coverage and I have the occasional outbreak of redness. Yet I was very happily surprised by it. One tap gave my skin a flawless medium coverage and two taps brought it up to nearly a full coverage foundation. The sponge is suprisngly easy to use and I haven't tried to use it with any kind of brush or sponge as this one works well to disperse and blend the foundation into the skin. One of my favourite things about this foundation is that you can put a layer on and then apply another over the top if you want more coverage and it won't go cakey or make you look like your wearing too much make up. And it lasts. I've done several day tests with this including with powder, no powder and with/without setting spray. This foundation is amazing, it doesn't cake, doesn't disappear and doesn't settle into any dry patches or fine lines.

I have the shade 01 Porcelain and the shade range of this product is the only thing that really lets this product down. There are only five shades in the range and none of them are aimed at people with darker skintones. If you're fair or olive toned then there is more than likely a shade for you but darker skinned complexions would be best to look more at the True Match Foundation.

Overall I'm mad about this foundation and haven't been able to stop talking to people about it. It does what I want from a foundation, it doesn't make my skin look overdone and it gives me a lovely dewy glow that makes me look more awake. I can definitely see myself buying more of these in the future and if you're looking for a foundation that is going to give you the glow and coverage then I definitely recommend checking this one out. This is absolutely one of Loreal's best releases in a long time.

Have any of you tried this? Did you look it? Or did you not get along with it? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment