Sunday 22 May 2016

Review: Loreal Miss Hippie Mascara

When it comes to mascara I can't really be budged from the Maybelline Go Colossal Leather Black mascara. But then Loreal released another mascara into their Miss Mega Volume family and my poor Maybelline love has pushed to the side. So today I'm going to talk you through what I love so much about the new Miss Hippie Mega Volume Mascara.

The one thing that makes me love this product so much is the brush. It's a full bristle brush that doesn't taper in or curve in the slightest. It's just your standard straight bristle brush that has a thickness to it that most don't. As well as being a thick brush it has many more bristles than most brushes and each is equally spaced so that there's room for the brush to grab each individual lash as you apply it. And simply that's why the mascara works so well. No fancy brush, no fancy formula claims. Just a simple looking mascara that works wonders on my lashes.

I'll give you a close up of the brush so you can see what I mean.

When I first tried this mascara I didn't do anything different to what I've done with previous mascaras. I curled my lashes like normal and applied as much as I needed to get the desired look. The results were astounding. Where I've had to work with other mascaras to get that fanned out volumised look to my lashes, a few swipes of this brush gave me that look and didn't clump as I applied a second coat. Some mascaras lose their curl after a very short amount of time but I managed to wear this to work for a full shift and my lashes still looked as good when I cam home as when I left home.

The formula of this mascara is very wet so it can easily transfer when you applying or just as it's setting on your lashes but once it's dry it doesn't budge and it takes a good oil based eye make up remover to make sure everything is thoroughly removed at the end of the day. I definitely don't recommend sneezing or using any sort of fixing mist or refreshing spray after applying this. It will end up halfway down your face. It does come in a waterproof version as well but I find them a pain to remove in the evening so stuck with the original. As it's not waterproof, if you cry whether with laughter or because your upset this will run. Some Loreal mascaras don't run even if you have a good cry but this will. However a bit of eye make up remover will tidy it right up and you'd never know the difference.

This is probably one of the shortest reviews I've ever written. And if you've used this product you'll understand why. It's a simple product with brilliant results and there's no other way to describe it. It's going to look stunning in the upcoming months with fresh glowy skin, lashings of this mascara and a sheer tint to the lips. The brush is phenomenal and the formula is a lot better than some of the other mascara releases this year. If you're a fan of their original Miss Manga and the Miss Punky mascaras then I highly recommend checking this out.

Have any of you tried this? Or do you have another mascara recommendation you'd think I'd like? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment