Tuesday 10 May 2016

New In At The Drugstore

Every now and again there is a mass launch of new products in the drugstore. Sometimes a lot of them catch my eye and other times not many catch my eye. This time round my eye was definitely caught. So today I thought I'd talk you through some of the new releases I've picked up during my last shopping trip.

I'm actually going to start with a older but still recent release. These are the Barry M Coconut Infusion Nail Paints. Containing a blend of coconut oil and water these are supposed to hydrate the nail as you wear them. They come in nine shades which you can see above and all have very tropical, holiday inspired names. My favourites are Laguna, the bright blue and Flamingo the coral shade above it. I have already reviewed these polishes and you can find the full post here.

Another recent release is one from Revlon. This is there Ultra HD Matte Liquid Lipstick. With the popularity of liquid lipsticks on the rise it's nice to see a high street brand bring out there own version. I picked up the shade Addiction. However for me this isn't a wow as a liquid lipstick for me. If you're into more satin or velvet finishes instead of a drier matte finish then this is right up your street. I have done a first impressions of this which you can find here.

Whilst we're on the subject of liquid lipstick shall we talk about Maybelline's new offering? These are the Vivid Matte Liquid Lipcolor. I picked up the shades 05 Nude Flush and 35 Plum Possession. These have a simple doe foot applicator which is standard in most liquid lipsticks and makes me think that application will be easier than some on the market. When swatched on the back of my hand these didn't dry down completely matte but I find with some matte lip products they never do but dry matte on the lips. I haven't given these a go yet but when I do there will be a full review on the blog.

And to carry on the lip trend I have going on, let's move onto a new release from Barry M. This is there Coco Loco Lip Oil. Yes you heard me right a lip oil. Now lip oils aren't exactly popular on the high street but they are become more and more popular in higher end brands. Clarins, Hourglass and YSL are just a few brands that have one on the market. And it seems Barry M took note of that. They've released two lip oils, Coco Loco and Berry Much both enriched with ingredients to hydrate, nourish and soothe lips. Coco Loco contains a blend of Coconut Oil and Camella Oil to give lips that extra boost. It comes with what looks like a standard doe foot applicator but it actually is on a roller that means it rolls product evenly across the lips. I gave this a go the day I picked it up and the first impressions were good but I'll let you know what I think after a bit more use. A full review will probably be up on the blog in a couple of weeks.

Barry M just keep rolling out releases don't they? Next we have one of their new Molten Metal Nail Paints. There are four in total in the collection but only one really jumped out at me. This is Copper Mine which looks like a mixture between a copper and a rose gold. It comes with Barry M's new flatter square brush which makes application easier. I've got this on my nails now and whilst I'm not sure if it suits me I do like the look it gives nails. I can't say anything about chip time but I'm sure it'll crop up in a favourites or a disappointing products at some point.

Now moving onto two new releases I've been looking forward to. The first is this new Loreal Mascara. This is the Miss Hippie Mega Volume Mascara. It claims to give lashes a boosted fanned out volumised look that's perfect for the upcoming fesitval season. It has a big straight brush which is covered in a variety of spaced apart and close together bristles. I've already given this a go and my first impressions are good but I'm saving my thoughts to the full review that's going up in a couple. What I can say is that's a lot better than last year's Miss Punky's release.

And I've saved the best til last. If like me you watch a lot of American Beauty Guru's then you'll know this is one of the most anticipated high street releases. Finally ladies we can get our hands on the Loreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation. If you haven't heard about this foundation, it's the first budget foundation to come in a cushion form. You get a pad for application and underneath it is a cushion which contains the foundation. One press and you have your product at your fingertips. I have the shade 01 Porcelain and I believe there are five or six shades in total for this product. First impressions are good but a full review will be going up soon once I've given it a good try. But for now I can say it's probably my favourite purchase of this haul and of the year so far.

So that's some of my favourite new Drugstore Releases for the moment. Have any of you tried these? Or do you have a new release that you think I'd like? Let me know in the comments and keep your eyes peeled for reviews of the new releases soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment