Thursday 2 June 2016

My Top 5 Barry M Polishes For Summer

 
Every season I pick out my Top 5 Nail shades and give you the lowdown on them. And I called them my Seasonal Nail Edit. But with my polish collection consisting mostly of Barry M Nail Polishes I decided to change the name and show you my Top 5 Barry M Shades for each season. And of course with Summer rapidly approaching what a better time to show you 5 shades that you're going to see all over my nails this Summer.

Gelly Hi Shine in Elderberry
If you're more of  neutral nail girl then I think this polish would be right up your street. Elderberry is a grey toned blue shade gives neutral nails a quirk. Whilst it's not as stand out as brighter shades such as Guava this does make an impression as well. If you want to try a colour but are not interested in big standout shades then this is a good shade to choose and makes a change from brown or grey shades.

 Speedy Quick Dry in In A Flash
Looking for a coral shade but can't find a good one? Then try In A Flash from their Speedy Quick Dry Collection. With a hint of white that gives this shade an almost pastel look. And the orange to this is more of pinky orange than a satsuma orange. With a flat square brush this is one of the quicker nail polishes and does dry as quickly as they say. Two coats will give you an opaque finish and will really make the colour pop but not in that fluorescent way that some orange shades do.

 Gelly Hi Shine in Cotton 
Now if there is one colour I love to wear in the summer, it's white. Especially when I have a tan, white nails can just a look that extra oomph it needs. Cotton is a straight up white, no hint of cream or pink. One coat can be streaky but two coats is a bright opaque colour with a glossy finish which only intensifies when you add a top coat. It's not so pretty when it starts to chip but I definitely don't mind redoing my nails with this colour when they look so good afterwards.

 Coconut Infusion in Bikini 
Next is one of Barry M's newer releases and it has some pretty shades for summer in it. This is Bikini from the Coconut Infsuion Range and it's one of Barry M's more insteresting shades. It looks lilac in the bottle (try Prickly Pear if you want a lilac) but when it's on the nail it has this almost nudey pink tone to it that really stands out. With the same brush as the Speedy Quick Dry's these are easy to use and dry ridiculously fast for a non quick dry polish. Plus you get the added benefit of these containing Coconut Oil and Water to help hydrate and condition the nail as you wear them.

Gelly Hi Shine in Guava
The last shade is Guava and it's by far one of my favourite shades out of all of Barry M's polishes. A deep turquoise/aqua shade this is opaque in one coat and popping with two. It's a bright shade that definitely stands out on the nails and will catch people's eyes but because it has a darker hint to it, it won't be too over the top and give that nail that weird look that some extremely bright shades can do. It also has a high shine finish that when it catches the light just gives the nails that extra something that will gurantee you some compliments.

So that's it for my Top 5 Summer Polishes. What are your Top 5? Are any of them the same as mine? Or do you have a colour recommendation for me? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment