Tuesday 21 June 2016

Summer Lip Edit

So the weather's brightening up which for me is an indicator that Summer is coming and that means I can pull out all my brighter, summer appropriate lipsticks. I tend to go for colours I wouldn't always wear the rest of the year but there's something about Summer that makes them acceptable.

First up is a lipstick that I keep in my collection until June hits and then I wear it to death, much to the dismay of my lips. It's MAC's Ruby Woo the world's most drying lipstick. However it's a beautiful shade and I can't help but put my lips through it everytime I wear it. It's a tomato red shade that really works to brighten up any look. I love wearing this with flawless skin and lashings of mascara. It's such a standout colour, you don't need much more. I hightly recommend giving your lips a good exfoliate before you use this and make sure you use a lot of lip balm beforehand as well. You can pop a bit of lipbalm on whilst you're wearing this but pat it in instead of rubbing it and you won't lose as much colour.

Up next is another staple lip colour I save all year until Summer hits. It's Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in the shade Pink Pong. It's a blue toned pink shade that works brilliantly on people on fairer skin and makes teeth look whiter when you wear it. These are liquid lipsticks that dry down to a soft matte finish whilst giving a brilliant pop of colour. This is another lipstick that I love to wear with flawless skin and lashings of mascara as it's a colour that does all the talking. These can be slightly thin in consistency but you can layer this up if you're quick as they can get very sticky if you're not. If Pink Pong isn't your kind of shade there is another hot pink shade in the range called Ole-Flamingo. Another brilliant shade for the summer.

Whilst we're talking pink lipsticks let's move onto this beauty from Revlon. It's their Colourburst Matte Balm in the shade Showy, another blue toned pink that works brilliantly on fairer toned girls. This is another matte finish lip product which personally is my favourite finish for bold lips. This is drier in texture compared to the Bourjois shade but it's not going to ruin or dry out your lips like Ruby Woo would. It comes in a chubby stick form which makes it easy to apply and touch up. Not that it needs much touching up as these barely move once they're on.

Next is a new addition to my Summer Lip Wardrobe and is specially for days when I'm wearing extremeley minimal make up. This is the Rosie For Autograph Lip Glossy in Sun Kiss. It's a mauvy pink shade that can be worn very sheer on the lips or very full on. It has a glossy finish but dies down to a stain the more you wear it. I love wearing this when I'm wearing barely any make up to just add a bit of something to the look. There are a whole range of shades that would be perfect for summer in this range but this is the one that stands out to me the most.

And my final lipstick for this edit is a lipstick that I wear all year round and just can't get enough of. It's Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in the shade Beso. This is one of the best liquid lipsticks I've ever tried and this shade is just to die for. It's another tomato red shade that looks darker in the tube but gives a real pop on the lips. Another colour I let do all the talking, I wear this more than I do some of my other red lipsticks. As it's a liquid lipstick it is a very matte finish and can be drying on the lips but if you look after them beforehand you won't have any worries about that. If you haven't tried any of Stila's Liquid Lipsticks and are a looking for a new one then I definitely recommend giving these a go.

So that's it for my Summer Lip Edit. What are you favourite lip colours for summer? Do you have any recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment