Sunday 12 June 2016

Review: Barry M Lip Liners

Recently I've been reviewing a few lip liners I brought on a lip liner splurge a few months ago. Today's post is the review of the last of those lip liners and they come from one of my favourite brands on the high street.

When I first started looking at Barry M lip liners I didn't think they'd be for me. They're a wooden pencil liner which have a tendency to drag and scratch at the lips. And I've always preferred mechanical liners until I tried these. Of course I picked up two red shades that they have and I have to say I'm really impressed with these liners. They both suit well with a variety of red and plum shades so if you don't want to buy a load of different red shade liners then these would be perfect for you.

The points on these liners do look like they could be quite scratchy and harsh on the lips but in fact they're very creamy and glide nicely along the lips when lining and filling in your lips. The texture of these on the lips is drying but lipstick adheres to them brilliantly and you don't have to worry about having that odd looking line that makes it obvious you've lined your lips. They can be worn on their own but you'd need to wear lip liner underneath and after a while lips will look dry and imperfections will start to show. However underneath a lipstick you'll have a perfect even coverage that will last longer than normal no what finish your lipstick is.

Overall I like these lip liners, they're not harsh or scratchy. They're highly pigmented and opaque in one swipe but there is just something missing in them that isn't missing in the Loreal or Maybelline liners I've reviewed recently. They're nice and have a wide colour selection but they're not one of my most used lip liners and I don't find myself reaching for them as often as I should.

Have any of you tried these? Did you like them? Or do you have a lip liner recommendation for me? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment