Thursday 16 June 2016

Review: Loreal Extraodinary Oil Facial Cleansing Oil

When it comes to facial cleansers I've been a big fan of the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Cleansng Milk. It does what I want it to do and doesn't cause any issues with my skin but I do like to see if their are other options open to me if my skin ever decided that it didn't like it anymore. And one that caught my eye was the Loreal Cleansing Oil.

This oil comes in a pump and two pumps is enough to do your entire face. It's very watery and thin feeling for an oil but changes into a milky consistency when you apply it to the skin. It works well to break down and remove any base products you have on and you can see that as you work the oil into the skin but it isn't something I'd use on my eyes even though it says it can be used on eyes, face and lips. It comes away easily as well with a wet flannel or muslin cloth and there won't be a trace of make up left on your face.

Too begin with I felt this left my skin a little bit greasy after I used it but I did trial it as a second cleanse to begin with. However as a first cleanse this doesn't leave skin feeling greasy as there is obviously no other product for it to grab onto after you've removed your make up. If you do want to do a double cleanse and put this in your routine then I suggest using this first and then going in with a milk or a balm cleanser as that will wash off any residue left on your face as well as any make up or general dirt.

It claims to work on all skin types but I'd be a bit wary if you have sensitive skin. So far it hasn't caused me any problems but if you have very sensitive skin then this may irritate your skin. I do enjoy using this oil but it still doesn't beat my Soap and Glory Cleanser or my Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Balm. If you know that you already like oil based products or facial oils in general then I definitely recommend trying this for yourself. If you have extremely sensitive skin or skin that disagrees with oils then I'd say give this a wide berth. There are other brilliant cleansers on the market that don't have any oil in them.

So that's it for my review. Have any of you tried this? Yes? Did you like it? Or do you have budget cleanser recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment