Sunday 5 June 2016

Review: Barry M Lip Oil

Lip oils are are becoming a big thing in the beauty world but until recently have only been from higher end brands. And then Barry M released their own version of a lip oil and of course when I saw it I knew I had to get it.

They come in two scents/flavours, Coco Loco and Berry Good. Coco Loco contains both Coconut Oil and Camellia Oil whilst Berry Good contains a mixture of Raspberry and Pomegranate. Both of these are considered lip treatments but Berry Good has a pinkish red tint to it that give lips a hint of colour as you wear it. I personally chose Coco Loco over Berry Good as the scent was as overpowering for me.

They come with a standard looking doe foot applicator but when you apply these oils to the lips the applicator actually rolls along the lips which means that you won't apply too much of this and that lips will be evenly covered. It is a funny feeling when you first use this but after a while you'll get used to it. It doesn't have the consistency of a lip balm/treatment but it also doesn't have the consistency of a lip gloss so it won't be overly sticky on the lips and you won't have to worry about getting your hair stuck in it in the wind.

The results from these weren't right away but after a few wears you could see the difference. My lips looked smoother, felt softer and didn't chap as easily. However this was something I had to wear continuously as it didn't work as well on my lips if I'd worn lip balm for a day instead of this. If you can handle the feeling of wearing an oil every day then this is definitely a product for you but if like me you'd prefer to wear a lip balm occasionally then maybe steer clear of these and try a different lip balm/treatment.

Overall this is a nice product but it's not one I'd rush out and repurchase when it's finished. It works well and my lips did see a difference but sometimes I'd prefer to wear a lip balm and that affects how this works. If you're a big fan of oils in general then this product would be right up your street but if you haven't tried an oil before I'd approach this with caution.

Have any of you tried this? What did you think? Have you got any lip oil recommendations? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment