Thursday 30 June 2016

Review: Hawaiian Tropic SPF30 Facial Sunscreen

I've always known the importance of wearing sunscreen but until recently I've never taking it seriously. That's until my colleague at work recommended me the Hawaiian Tropic SPF30 Facial Sunscreen. And to say I was grateful was an understatement.

Originally I was going to buy the Soap and Glory Facial SPF or even The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial SPF but both were nearing £20 and I didn't really want to spend that much. So I tried the Superdrug SPF30 Facial SPF and it did not work for me. It was greasy, clogged my skin and broke me out. So I quickly passed that on and mentioned it to a colleague and she recommended me this Hawaiian Tropic one.

This is a thin moisturiser feeling cream that is very lighweight and easy to work into the skin. It doesn't leave a white cast on the skin once you've rubbed it in and once it's settled into the skin it doesn't feel greasy or pore clogging. It is oil free and non greasy so it's perfect for people who have oily, combination and even sensitive skin.

I really like how this feels on my skin and how it works well under my make up as well as on it's own. I use this as a moisturiser, after my serum and it leaves my skin feeling soft, protected and it even looks slightly corrected. And by that I mean my redness looks diminished and not so obvious. I always allow it to sink in before I apply my make up and I have no problems when I start my routine.

I always believed that SPF's were drying on the skin but this one isn't and I can touch my face a good five or six hours after I've applied it and my skin still feels soft and moisturised without feeling clogged or greasy. I always make a point of double cleansing my face if I'm wearing make up or making sure I give my skin a good clean if not to make sure I get this all off because even though it doesn't clog pores I don't want to risk it when it comes to sleeping and overnight. But so far I haven't had any issues with this and I don't see any arising with future use.

If you're looking for a Facial SPF then I highly recommend giving this one a go. It's lightweight, easily absorbed and doesn't break the bank. At £5.99 a bottle this won't break the bank if you're looking for something for this years' holiday or even just to protect your skin at home and it will last a long time as a little goes a long way. Sure the more expensive ones are just as good but if you're working to a budget then give this a look.

Have any of you tried this? Or have you got another budget recommendation? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment