Thursday 2 June 2016

Review: The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Balm

So when it comes to cleansers I find myself trying different ones to see if they compare with my Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Cleansing Milk. Nothing beats it but there are a couple that I like to use as an alternative or second cleanse. And The Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Butter is one of those products.

First off I'm sorry for the disgusting state of my balm. I need to buy a new one and just haven't gotten round to it yet. But I feel this is a good idea of what the balm looks like and not that stiff hard to work with balm you're presented with when you first buy this. When you first open a fresh one of these not only is it extremely photogenic but it's a very solid hard to work with balm. But once you make that little dent in the surface it becomes a lot easier to use each day. The more you use this balm the more it'll look like my tub of this as it becomes softer and by this time it'll be that soft it will just melt away from the edges when you put your fingers in it. That said, I do like the tin it comes in, it's cute, it's easier to get into and use than others and it's very compact in size so it doesn't take up massive amounts of room in your collection.

When you first put this on your face it will just sit there but when you start to rub it into the skin the heat from your finger will melt it and it'll turn from a balm to something akin to an oil. That oil will break down any grime, dirt or make up on your skin and sometimes you'll even see it become the colour of your foundation as you work it into the skin. Water can be added to it to give it a bit more of a foam to it and is easily washed away with warm water and a flannel or muslin cloth. Afterwards you're skin will feel clean, soft and make up free. This is suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and doesn't contain any nasties that will irritate the skin.

Personally I like this for a second cleanse. It's not that it doesn't work well to remove my make up but I find that my Soap and Glory Cleanser has a bit more oomph in it that works well to lift make up off the skin. This is good for removing any leftover make up and general dirt from the day. It leaves my skin feeling soft and I don't have to worry about it harming my skin when it's playing up like some cleansers have done before. I'm definitiely going to be repurchasing another pot of this but I'm also considering picking up a bottle of their Camomile Cleansing Oil as well. Let me know in the comments if you want me to review it or not.

Have any of you tried this? Did you like this? Or did you have another product that worked better? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment