Sunday 19 June 2016

Review: Soap And Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Matte Lip Crayon

When Soap and Glory announced they were releasing matte versions of their Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Crayons, I was excited. I did intend to pick them one or two up as soon as they were released but due to poor stocking and other products being released I've only just gotten round to picking one up.

Let's start with the packaging. Each crayon is colour co-ordinated to the colour inside and comes in a sleek matte finish. I picked up the shade Ember Red. When you open it you'll see the nib of the crayong which isn't shaped like most crayon type lip products. It has a flat side that comes to a pointed tip which is aimed to help fit the shape of the lips and make the application easier. I have to say it does make application easier as you have you can use the tip to line the lips and the flat side to fill everything in. However when you roll it up to see how much product there is, you're probably going to be disappointed. I'd say it takes less than ten twists to reveal the full bullet and then you'll see that you don't get as much as product as you thought. For £3.50 it's obvious you're not going to get a lot of product but it could definitely be more than what you get.

The first time I applied this to my lips it was very sheer and didn't become opaque no matter how many times I swiped it across my lips. However the second time I used it I lined my lips beforehand with a liner and then applied it. This time it did go on more opaque than before but it did seem to move around when I went back over it. As it's a tomato red shade it was very obvious where it moved as there was a lighter patch in the middle of my lip. However patting a bit more colour over the top helped disguise that.

Intially it didn't feel ultra dry on the lip and my lips didn't feel parched or ridiculously dry but as time went on I could feel it drying my lips out and highlighting any particularly dry patches. Transfer wise it wasn't the best and a could bit of it transferred from lips to my coffee cup when I was drinking which meant any slightly streaky patches were obvious after one drink. A little bit of it did gather in the corner of my lips after I drunk but it was easy to wipe away without disrupting the rest of the colour.

I did reapply this just to see how well it reapplied over colour that had been worn for a few hours. It went on smoothly and didn't ball up on the lip but because it's a matte finish lip product it furthermore highlighted the dry patches the existing colour created/drew attention to. It's a nice lip product, not too thick, not too matte but it can be drying and I personally feel think that the product inside the packaging is a bit too small for the size of the packaging itself. If you want a lip product to just throw in your handbag for touch ups this is fine but if you're looking for a good matte lip crayon then I recommend checking out the Revlon Colourburst Matte Crayons.

Have any of you tried this? What did you think? Have you got any lip crayon recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment