Tuesday 3 January 2017

2016 Beauty Favourites: Skincare

 
On Monday I showed you my 2016 Make Up Favourites. Today I'm sharing with you my 2016 Skincare favourites. I'd suggest grabbing a cuppa, this could be a long post.

Cleanser:There have only been two cleansers I've really enjoyed this year. The first comes from Emma Hardie. The Moringa Cleansing Balm is a solid balm that melts easily into the skin and removes all traces of make up. I love how this leaves my skin feeling after every use and how whilst it has an oily feeling to it, it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. The other comes from Liz Earle and is the only cleanser I use on a daily basis. It contains so many natural ingredients that have helped reduce the appearence of my redness and given my skin a clearer finish. I've already gone through three bottles of this and plan on going through many more this year. The Emma Hardie is a brilliant first cleanse but I much prefer it as a second cleanse unlike the Liz Earle.

Toning: Toning isn't my strongest point and I'm terrible at remembering to do so but when I have remembered there's only been two I've really enjoyed. The first comes from Pixi in the form of their Glow Tonic. This not only tones but exfoliates, rejuvenates and soothes skin all at once. I thoroughly enjoy how it leaves my skin feeling and how easily the rest of my skincare applies afterwards. Another toner comes from the Nip and Fab Bee Sting Toning Fix Pads. I've loved these as part of my evening skincare routine. They leave my skin feeling refreshed and nourished withot feeling to dry or irritated. After I use one of these my serum and moisturiser sinks easily into my skin and makes my skin feel hydrated and supple to the touch.

Facial Mist: Facial mists are something that I've really gotten into this year. There is something about them that just leaves skin feeling and looking better than without them. B Beauty does one of my favourite sprays. It's nothing more than Hyaluronic Acid, Water and Glycerin so it just adds nothing but hydration to the skin. I've really enjoyed using this in the evening after I've taken my make up off as it refreshes my skin and takes away any tight feeling my skin might have. For mornings I've loved the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer, it contains the same ingredients as the Cleanse and Polish but in a spray form. This helps calm my skin and wakes me up at the same time. It helps reduce the appearence of my redness and gives my skin a hydration boost that sinks deeper than any serum or moisturiser.

Serum: I haven't changed serums a lot this year but two I have loved come straight from the high street. The first is an old favourite and comes from Clearly Youthful. It's an hydrating serum packed with AHA's and BHA's so it's a multi-purpose product. Plus it never fails to leave my skin feeling uber soft and supple. The other comes from Olay. Their Anti-Wrinkle Hydration Day Serum has a somewhat silicone feel to it that not only hydrates the face but smooths the skin and creates the perfect base for make up. I love this serum as it blurs the look of imperfections on the skin but doesn't leave a film of product on the skin. It just leaves everything feeling smooth, supple and hydrated. Plus because it sinks deeper into skin, my skin always feels softer for longer.

Day Moisturiser: This day moisturiser hasn't changed at all. The Garnier Wake Me Up Cream is still wowing me everytime I use it. It's blend of Hyaluronic Acid, Retinol and Rice Proteins never fail to make my skin feel soft, perfected, hydrated and refreshed. It's another product with that somewhat silicone feel but it doesn't ball on the skin or leave a tacky film on the skin. It works to keep skin hydrated for longer and is my best friend on days when I'm not wearing make up. It also gives that slightly perfected look to the skin whilst still looking natural and not like you're wearing a skin perfector.

Night Moisturiser: As with day cream, my night cream hasn't changed either. I'm still loving the Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream. It's bouncy, gel like consistency never fails to work overnight to give my skin the best look even after a bad night's sleep. I like how this helps reduce redness, dark circles and dull skin. This also contains Lavender Oil which not only benefits the skin but also helps soothes and ease you into sleep. I've gone through countless pots of this and can definitely say I'm going to go through countless more as well.

Eye Cream: My under eye area has been a big struggle this year but I've finally found something that works wonders. This Olay Regenerist Eye Serum not only helps reduce the appearence of fine lines and wrinkles but also helps to soothe the eye and make them look more awake. I've had trouble with dehydration lines and the only thing that has seemed to help is this. It's very cooling on the under eye area and works to depuff and hydrate the skin. It's pricier than most eye creams but the results are well worth the price tag.

Treatment: There's only been one treatment that I've seen the same results from time after time. And that comes in the form of the Nip and Fab Glycolic Extreme Fix Pads. These contains 5% Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid which work to exfoliate, rejuvenate and deep cleanse the skin. I love how these make my face tingle when I use them and how smooth and supple my skin feels afterwards. They're brilliant as a quick fix for anyone with texture problems. Plus I like the fact that they're not too harsh or drying on my occasionally sensitive skin.

Face Mask: This year has been the year of the face mask. I've discovered so many amazing face masks this year but have narrowed it down to three. Firstly there is the Loreal Pure Clay Detox Mask. It contains three different clays as well as charcoal to deep clean and purify the skin. It's brilliant for pulling all the crap out of your skin and leaving your skin looking glowing and clear. Another brilliant mask for detoxing skin comes from Origins. Their Clear Improvments mask is a lot more potent than the Loreal and will guarantee you a spot or two. However once they're gone my skin looks dewy, clear and healthy. A sheet mask I've adored this year is the new Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask. It contains Hyaluronic Acid and Pomergranite Extract and gives skin enough of an hydration boost you could probably forgo serum/moisturiser after this mask. I personally like this not just because it works well on my skin but the actually tissue mask fits to my face perfectly and doesn't fall off or drip like a lot of sheet masks do.

No comments:

Post a Comment