Thursday 5 January 2017

2016 Non-Beauty Favourites

It's time to wrap these yearly favourites up and closing it off is my 2016 Non-Beauty Favourites. So today I'll be talking you through my favourite movies through to my favourite songs of the year.

Favourite Films: 2016 was a good year for cinema. There were quite a few I loved but these four are the ones I've gone and watched time and time again. My ultimate favourite of the year is Daylight's End. I've lost count the amount of times I've watched this. It stars Johnny Strong, Lance Henriksen, Chad Law and Gary Cairns. It's a zombie/post apocalyptic film that is jam packed full of action. It's only a shame I can't get it on DVD or I would've watched it more. Captain America: Civil War is another film I've watched constantly this year, it has a stellar cast and a brilliant plot that sets up the next phase in the MCU Universe well. Batman VS Superman was another superhero movie that caught my eye and whilst I haven't watched it constantly I still thoroughly enjoyed. It set up the plots for this year's Wonder Woman film and the Justice League nicely. Deadpool was the film for laughs this year and I can safely say that it never fails to make me laugh. Ryan Reynolds really comes into his own as an actor with this film and I think because he did such a good job, we'll be seeing more Deadpool in the future.

Favourite Album/s: There's only been one album that has really grabbed me this year and it didn't come out until the end of the year. Glory Day's from Little Mix is infectious and once you've heard one song then you'll find yourself listening to them all, repeatedly. Shout Out To My Ex is a stand out song but so is FU, Private Show and the acoustic version of their new single Touch. Until last week I was listening to this album and this album only. An honourable mention goes to Axiom by The Valerio Incident but as I only brought it last week I didn't think it fair to put it into my yearly favourites.

Favourite TV Shows: There hasn't been many TV shows that I've been addicted to this year but there were some. Silent Witness was my ultimate favourite for the year and I'm so glad the new series on screens now. It's one that makes you think and the characters are brilliantly written and likeable. I caught up on Hawaii Five 0 and am now currently enjoying Season 7. This is a show I can always go back to and watch randomly but the last two series have been amazing. Grimm is a show I started and quickly got addicted to. I'm only halfway through series two but from what I've seen it's full of surprises and plot twists. Another one I can dip in and out of and not lose too much of the plot. And one that I've tried to finish countless times this year but never managed is Slasher. This is a horror TV show and has the ability to make you shit your pants. Starring Katie McGrath this centres around a woman who moves back into the house where her parents were killed. Just after her arrival, a masked figure who looks the same as her parent's killer shows up and it just gets very gruesome from there. I can only get about six episodes in everytime I try and watch this. There's just something about it that makes me crap my pants and I have to turn it off. Anyone who can handle that type of series will love this but I need to work on finishing it.

 Favourite YouTubers:YouTube is always a big part of my year and I can spend countless hours watching the latest beauty videos. And there has been four beauty youtubers that I've absolutely loved this year. The first is CoffeebreakwithDani. She is such a positive, upbeat, down to earth, passionate beauty guru who makes brilliant videos that span a good half an hour and are perfect for when I'm soaking in the bath or just lounging around. The second is Hello_October (Suzie), Suzie is such a down to earth, every woman type of person. She doesn't make out like she's someone else and always creates flawless make up looks. Following Suzie is Alix from Icovetthee. Alix and Suzie are usually found in each other's videos but Alix's videos on her own are just as good. She's very down to earth, honest and because she has a fairer skintone I feel she's a bit more relatable. Finally there is Victoria from Inthefrow. Now she can be a bit more luxury based than the others but I really do enjoy endulging in her videos and lusting after her stunning wardrobe. A brilliant youtuber to watch if you're looking for fashion as well as make up. She never gets a look wrong and always has me lusting after her wardrobe. Go check this girls out, they're pretty bloody brilliant.

Inspirational Women: If you follow me on Instagram then you'll know I have a lot of love for women who are fierce, strong, independent, intelligent, talented and passionate. There are quite a few who I admire but these four women are the ones who constantly inspired me throughout 2016. Kathleen Munroe is an actress/singer who creates some of the best/alternative music out there. Her debut EP Munroe was in my 2015 favourites and still to this day is one of my favourite albums. Emilia Fox is an actress who appears in Silent Witness but just oozes grace, elegance and speaks up for what she believes in a lot like Sophia Bush who is just a queen. She isn't scared to speak her mind, stand up for things she sees as unjust and has a heart that is all encomapssing. She supports charities, motivational causes and her tribe. She is a true inspiration and her strength inspires me to work harder at myself as a person. And finally we have Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. This woman is one hell of an entepretuer. With several successful ranges with Marks and Spencers, Rosie has a drive that is inspiring and makes me thrive to work harder and to ignore the doubts that can occasionally creep in. I'm pretty sure she doesn't let doubts get her down so why should I let them get me down. I can safely say that their inspiring work will kick my ass into working even harder in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment