Friday 13 January 2017

Product Empties: January

It's a new year and what's a better way to start the new year by throwing away all your trash. And you can tell how long it's been since I've done an empties as there is actually some make up in there.

I finished not one but two of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleansers. This is one of my favourite cleansers and I go through them like I don't know what. They're very soothing on my skin whilst removing my make up. The blend of calendula, lavender and vitamin e means they also nourish my skin whilst helping to calm my redness. I'm halfway through a third bottle of this and can see myself going through many more this year.






Another cleansing product I went through is ths Clean and Clear Cleansing Lotion. This appears in most of my empties as I go through a few bottles of this a year. I've been using this for just over a decade now and it's a product I put my good skin down to. Sure it has alcohol in it but it doesn't dry my skin out and helps calm any potential breakouts or spots I may have. A little goes a long way and this is something that'll be reappearing throughout the year.






I also went through two bottles of the B Hyaluronic Acid Facial Spritz. I only started using this last year but I've already gone through a load of bottles. This is mainly just Hyaluronic Acid which will not only moisturise skin but lock any other moisturising products in for longer. This won't irritate sensitive skin and can be used over make up, a brilliant bonus during those hotter months. It's a holy grail product so it's obviously going to be used a lot this year as well.





I finally finished my bottle of Pixi Glow Tonic. This is only a small bottle but it lasted for ages. I love this for after make up as it not only soothes skin but revitalies skin and the glycolic acid helps to retexturise the skin as well. Suitable for even sensitive skin types, a little goes a long way and I'm going to enjoy using this some more this year.









A serum I used up is this one from Clearly Youthful. It contains, Lactic, Salicyclic and Hyaluronic Acid which not only helps boost cell renewal but adds moisture and helps stop the spread of blemish creating bacteria. I absolutely love this serum, it's very lightweight but powerful. It's perfect for the evening as it will cling to any sleeping mask/night cream and keep it working for longer.







An SPF I've finished up comes from Hawaiian Tropic. I will admit until last year I didn't use a facial SPF but ever since I was recommended this one I haven't looked back. Oil free, suitable for sensitive skin and lightweight, this SPF doesn't leave skin feeling like there is a film over the top. It's very moisturising on the skin and creates a brilliant base for make up. Defnitely going to be going through more bottles this year.







I went through a pack of the Garnier Oil Infused Micellar Wipes. These are amazing. I tend not to use these to take off my make up but to take off my lipstick. These wipes are that saturated in their oily formula that they break down the toughest of liquid lipsticks quickly and easily.
The Simple Brightening Eye Make Up Remover Pads are a nice way to get everything off your eyes without using a tone of remover. They're soaked just enough to work but not enough to leave the eye feeling greasy.
The Superdrug Charcoal Nose Strips may be budget friendly but they're potent. One of these on for ten minutes and you can kiss goodbye to those pesky blackheads. I threw a few packets of these away but managed to save this one.

A couple of body bits I used up are this Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub. It's very scrubby in feeling and never fails to leave my skin feeling smooth and supple. I go through quite a few of these a year so you know these will be a regular occurence in my empties posts.

I also used up a Father Christmas Bath Bomb from Lush. Not only is he a cute design but smells divine and is real delight to drop into the bath. I used this just before Christmas and the deep green colour it turned the bath water put me in such a festive mood and feel. I'll definitely be picking more up when they release them next.


I finished some make up. It just tells you how long I've been collecting this stuff for. I used up another bottle of my Maybelline Superstay Setting Spray. This locks make up in place but doesn't make it too matte or dry looking. It also helps remove any signs of cake face.
When I wasn't using the Maybelline I was using the Barry Matte Setting Spray. This was nice to use but did sometimes make my face feel dry and my make up look cakey. If I repurchased this I think I'd opt for the Dewy Finish instead.
And the Barry M Primer Water was a winner. It really added a boost to the skin and worked well with my other primers to lock make up into place. Definitely going to be seeing more of these in empties posts.

A mascara I finshed was the Maybelline Go Colossal Extreme Leather Black. It has a tapered bristle brush which gives lashes a fanned out, volumised yet somewhat natural look. I have another one on the go but am drying it out as I prefer the finish it gives when it's a bit dry in consistency.
A pair of eye lash curlers I'm throwing out are these ones from Primark. They've lost all their oomph and weren't curling my lashes as well as they did at the beginning. I've got more on hand but would happily repurchase these if the need arose.



And finally a couple of base products I've finished. Another tube of the Collection Lasting Finish Concealer. This is my Holy Grail concealer and I think I go through at least one tube a month. It's high coverage but isn't drying or cakey.
Another Collection product I've finished is their Pressed Powder in Ivory. There is still some product in there but when I swept my brush in it, the edges just shattered so it's best to throw it away then to risk dropping all of that onto my floor. It's uber lightweight and perfect for setting under the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment