Thursday 19 January 2017

Review: Maybelline SuperStay Primer

If there is one product I always have trouble with it's primer. Either they have too much silicone in them and make my make up slip off or they sink into the skin too quickly and don't help the longevity of my make up. I've tried many ranging from Smashbox to Barry M and most in between them. And whilst some of them were okay and easy to use, nothing wowed me as much as the latest release from Maybelline.

Some of you may remember last year they released their SuperStay Setting Spray, that wowed me and is one of my holy grail products. This year they've added another product to their SuperStay Range. This is their new SuperStay Make Up Extending Primer. It's supposed to help extend the life of your make up whilst keeping it looking fresh and flawless. It also has smoothing technology that helps minimise the look of pores and evens out uneven skintone.

My first thought was how thin and almost runny in texture this was. I even shook it before use to see if it would thicken but it doesn't. However that just adds to the appeal of this primer, it's not to hard to massage into the skin and it doesn't feel like it's going to clog pores or irritate the skin at all. It has a velvet finish to it that grips nicely onto any base product and extends it's life on your face.

I've really enjoyed wearing this under foundation and can really see the difference in how my make up looks at the end of the day. However because of it's velvet finish and flesh colour, I would say that you could also get away with wearing this on it's own over moisturiser or SPF. It doesn't add a glow to skin and it's velvet semi matte finish helps keep shine at bay so is perfect for anyone with combination to oily skin.

Overall there is nothing bad I can say about this primer, it doesn't cause foundation ball up or slip off the face. It really does extend the life of my make up and keeps it looking fresh all day long and it doesn't dry out or clog up my skin. Definitely a winner in my eyes and I highly suggest checking it out when you're at a Maybelline Stand next.

No comments:

Post a Comment