Thursday 26 January 2017

Dior Star Skin Foundation: Day Test and Review

For the longest time I've struggled to find the perfect foundation. Either they've turnt too dark as I've worn them, worn away completely throughout the day or generally just made me look gross after a few hours. Then I tried the Dior Star Skin Foundation and it changed my make up completely. So today I'm going to take through a day test of me wearing this foundation to give you an insight of why I love it so much and at the end I'll be giving you a mini review of it as well.

Overview: This foundation is a full coverage foundation with SPF30. It also has colour filter pigments that neutralises colour imbalanaces on the skin such as redness or sallowness. As well as the colour trap pigments it also contains hollow silica beads that captures light and adds luminosity to the skin. I do use a primer under my base products just so they stay in place for longer.

10:30am: It's time to do my make up. Firstly I apply my primer which is a mixture of the Barry M Primer Water and the Maybelline SuperStay Primer. They work well to both hydrate my skin and lock my make up into place longer. Then I use two pumps of the foundation onto the back of my hand and dot it all over my face, adding more to my cheeks where there is some slight redness. It's all buffed in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. It's dense and easy to buff foundation in. The end result is skin that is flawless looking but still natural and skinlike. It also has a glow to it that makes skin look healthy and dewy without being overly shiny. Once everything is blended in I can finish the rest of my make up and set everything into place with my trusty Maybelline SuperStay Setting Spray. I do use setting spray most days as it helps keeps my make up on for longer whilst I'm at work.

2:30pm: Four hours have passed and it's check in time. Usually by now some of my foundation has dissappeared around my jawline and cheeks. But with with this Dior foundation my skin still looks perfected but natural. My concealer has faded slightly under the eyes but that happens reguarly so it's not a problem. Otherwise my foundation still looks fresh, glowy and in place.

6:30pm: Another four houes have passed and I'm done at work now. I like to take my make up off as soon as I get home to give my skin a chance to breath. Looking at my face in the mirror I'm pleased to see that my foundation is still mostly in place except around my nose where I've obviously wiped it with a tissue. Under my eyes could look better but I put that down to my concealer and nothing more. There is no sign of any redness or cake face and if I wanted I could go another few hours wear out of this and it wouldn't look any different.

Review: I absolutely love this foundation. It's lightweight yet brilliant at coverage. It doesn't go cakey or powdery when you build it up and it wears well without looking fake or mask like. It allows skin to breathe and covers exactly what you want it to cover. Unlike some foundations this doesn't dry out my skin or leave it feeling gross to the touch. The only downside to this foundation for some is the price tag but with the results paired with the way it wears on the skin, the price tag is irrelevant. Definitely have a look at it if you're struggling to find a budget friendly foundation that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment