Sunday 8 January 2017

Mark's and Spencer Beauty Advent Calender Review

Back in November Mark's and Spencer released their second Beauty Advent Calender. I immediately picked myself one up and then began the agonising wait to the first of December.

From the back of the calender I knew this year they'd gone all out with the product selection. There were some very luxury brands and then some more budget friendly brands such as Pixi, REN, Nuxe and Look Good Feel Better. I won't deny that there were a lot more of the higher end brands I enjoyed recieving more than the slightly more budget options but a lot of that comes from the fact I prefer higher end brands when it comes to skincare.

When it came to products themselves a good 80% of the products I recieved I loved/used straight away. Out of the entire calender I think there was about five or six products I didn't immediately open and start using. My particular favourites came from Alpha H, REN, Emma Hardie, Rodial, Skyn Iceland and Rosie For Autograph. It was nice to be able to try products from higher end brands that I hadn't heard a lot about or used before.

Overall this calender was even better than their first calender last year. Sure there was a few products I didn't enjoy but there is always going to be something, not everything is going to suit every consumer. For the price and what you recieve I'd say this is brilliant value for money. It's definitely blown last year's out the window and I can imagine that if they release a third this year then they will try to outdo themselves once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment