Tuesday 24 January 2017

Review: Clinque Take The Day Off Balm

For the longest time I've been obessed with the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm. I would always use travel sizes but could never bring myself to part with the money for a full sized one. So I started looking around for cleansing balms that were good value for money. And I discovered the Clinque Take The Day Off Balm.

This cleanser is a solid balm that turns to oil as it's rubbed into the skin. And boy does it work, this removes all signs of make up and eye make up without leaving skin feeling greasy or oily looking. It's very nourishing on the skin and leaves it feeling soft, supple and somewhat moisturised after every use. A little bit goes a long way and isn't drying or irritating on the skin, it also doesn't sting eyes when you remove eye make up but I do recommend using a seperate eye make up remover afterwards to make sure everything is gone.

This isn't the most inexpensive cleansing balm on the market but it does work out better value for money than some of the other higher end cleansing balms out there. The Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm is a good example. It's £38 for a 100ml pot that whilst will last a long time still isn't as good value as the Clinque which is £22 for 125ml of product. I've been a big fan of the Emma Hardie balm for a while but since I've been using this the Moringa Cleansing Balm hasn't impressed me as much as it used to do. And with the Clinque being slightly cheaper and larger in size I don't mind paying out for it when it runs out.

If you're looking for a balm to oil cleanser that nourishes the skin whilst simultaneously removing all signs of make up then this is for you. And if you're unsure of buying a full sized pot without trialling it first then ask one of the staff at a Clinque counter for a sample. It's what I did and I recieved a sample which lasted long enough to get a good idea of whether I liked it or not and helped me decide if I wanted to buy a full size version.

No comments:

Post a Comment