Sunday 15 January 2017

Day Test: Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

 
Welcome to my first Day Test of 2017. This is a new style of post I plan on doing this year. For certain lip products, base products and mascaras I will be doing a day test instead of a review. This way you will be able to tell what the product is like and how it wears through out the day. And once I've tried several shades or finishes from a range I will do a full review to let you know if they're all the same or if there is any differences/let downs. And the first day test is the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.

Overview: I have the shade Outlaw, it's a bright red that isn't too orange in tone or too blue toned either. I did apply a bit of lip balm whilst I was doing my base but rubbed some of it off before applying this. I also did line my lips beforehand with the PS Love Lip Liner in 03. It's the perfect red liner and helps to add some definition to my lips, especially my upper lip.

10:30am: Application time, this has a ridiculously long applicator which makes me think it'll be hard to work with. However it's surprisingly easy to work with and adds an element of control that some shorter applicators lack. One thin coat leaves a highly pigmented, opaque colour that is streak free. It dries down quickly so I had to work quickly but it's so easy to apply I was done before it had time to dry. It's dried down quickly and doesn't look like it's going anywhere so I can finish getting ready for the day. I'll pop a picture below of what it looks like on the lips.

2:30pm: It's been four hours since I initially applied this. It still feels very comfortable on the lips and doesn't feel like it's dried out or cracked at all. To look at there is no transfer and it hasn't really worn away anywhere. It's time for a late lunch and normally my lipstick would be gone after eating but this hasn't budged in the slightest. It also hasn't left that horrible smudge under my lower lip unlike most lipsticks do. There's no need to reapply as there's no transfer and it still looks like it did when I applied it this morning.

6:30pm: Another four hours have passed and it's still firmly in place. It's starting to feel slightly uncomfortable on the lips. A quick look in the mirror and it does look like it could crack or crumble slightly. I think that's my own fault, I've been licking my lips a lot throughout the day, think it's something to do with the slightly bunged up nose I've also been carrying throughout the day. If it wasn't for that I don't think there would be any problems with it. Yet even though it's starting to dry I don't feel like I need to reapply and it doesn't appear to need a reapplication. I'd usually take a lip product off by now but I'm going to keep it on for a couple more hours to see how it wears.

8:30pm:I'm dying to take this off, I never wear lip products for this long unless it's absolutely necessary. It's crumbly and unbearably uncomfortable. When I press my lips together it feels as if it's balling up and crumbling from my lips. It's still as pigmented as when I first applied it but in areas it is starting to look patchy and sparse. I can not wait to take this off and apply a generous helping of lip balm. For a liquid lipstick this has been more comfortable than most and easily survived two meals but it's still not a lip product designed to be worn for extensive periods of time.

Mini Review: Overall this has faired a lot better than other liquid lipsticks I've tried. It was comfortable for a long period of time and didn't necessarily need to be reapplied constantly. I was impressed with how easily this applied and how pigmented this lipstick was. I will be buying some more shades to see if the quality is the same throughout the range and when I have two or three more shades I will do a full review of these. Outlaw however is a brilliant shade and if you're looking for a good red then definitely check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment