Sunday 29 January 2017

Monthly Favourites: January

Welcome to the first monthly favourites of 2017. Now usually January drags but this month has just flown by. And with this month has come a ton of favourites including a fashion favourite.Grab a cuppa, this is going to be a long one.

Pixi and Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse 
Let's start with one of the most exciting releases of the month. If you don't already know of my love for Caroline Hirons then know it almost rivals my love of chocolate. So when she released her new Double Cleanse in collaboration with Pixi I had to have it. Side 1 is a solid oil cleanser that melts as soon as it touches the skin and Side 2 is a cleansing cream that soothes and nourishes the skin. Because it comes from Caroline Hirons I had high hopes and I wasn't disappointed. The solid cleansing oil melts as soon as it touches your skin and takes your make up with it. It doesn't leave skin feeling greasy and doesn't effect how the cleansing cream works either. The cleansing cream is less up my street but it does soothe and nourish the skin. I've been using this religiously on those days when I've been wearing more make up than normal.

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
A cleansing balm that I brought in December but have really adored this month comes from Clinique. It's their famous Take The Day Off Balm and I don't know why I didn't buy it sooner. This is a solid balm cleanser that turns into the most luxurious feeling oils as it melts your make up away. This doesn't leave skin feeling greasy or tacky to the touch. It's even beaten my favourite Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm which hasn't had a look in since I brought this. A little bit goes a long way so this tub is going to last me a long time.

Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser
A final cleanser that I've been thoroughly enjoying this month comes from Pixi. I got this is a gift set at Christmas and didn't know what I was going to think of it. I absolutely love it. This has Glycolic Acid in it which helps to loosen and remove dead skin cells leaving skin feeling soft, smooth and supple. It dissolves and removes make up like a dream and can be used as both a inital cleanse or a second cleanse. Definitely going to be picking up a full sized tube of this when I run out.

Alpha H Liquid Gold
Something I recieved in my Advent Calender last year was this tester bottle of Alpha H's Liquid Gold. I'd heard a lot about this product but could never bring myself to buy a full bottle. Especially since I didn't know if it would work well with my skin. However I didn't even spare my somewhat sensitive skin a thought and slapped it on. And I would go without this now. It contains 5% Glycolic Acid and works to tone and refresh skin whilst loosen dead skin cells. It is a pretty strong product but it hasn't broken me out yet and how it leaves my skin feeling is enough for me to definitely recommend it. It's pricey but I'm a firm believer of paying more for your skincare. Once this has gone I'm definitely going to be stocking up on more.

REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream 
Another product that I recieved in my advent calender that I've come to absolutely adore comes from REN. It's their Evercalm Global Protection Cream. It's a rich day moisturiser that helps to protect skin from the day's enviromental harm and pollution. It claims it can make skin less sensitive and in a way I believe it does. I can tell the difference when between using this and going without. I've loved it that much I've gone out and brought another tube already. A little goes a long way and whilst it does have a strong scent to it, it's not going to cause any issue with sensitive skin types.

Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream
I openeed this little eye cream back in December and it's still going strong despite it's size. This comes from Skyn Iceland and really packs a punch. A little bit goes a long way and I can really see a difference when I use it. I've said goodbye to any puffiness, horrendous dark circles and any fine lines I may have from laughing or not drinking enough water. This is a pricey eye cream and may not be to everyone's liking but the results don't lie and I can't see myself going without this.

GlamGlow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment 
One of my favourite masks this month has been this leave on number from GlamGlow. It's lightweight, easy to apply and leaves skin feeling smooth, hydrated and replenished. This smells absolutely divine and hasn't caused any adverse effects on my skin. I've loving using this when I'm having an early night and my skin needs a bit of TLC. This paired with a rich lasting night cream afterwards gurantees my skin will look glowing and hydrated the next morning.

Maybelline SuperStay Primer
For the longest time I've loved the Benefit Porefessional Primer and the results it gave my make up. But that's been pushed to second best since I purchased this new primer from Maybelline. It has pore smoothing technology that helps perfect skin as well as a velvet finish that grabs onto foundation and locks it in place all day. It's really prolonged the wear of my make up and I can't go a day without using this. I've even worn it on it's own over my skincare as I like how it makes my natural skin look. And the best bit, it doesn't break the bank.

Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Brown Sugar 
Now if you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know I'm a big fan of bold lips, be them bright reds or dark burgundy's. But this month I've been embracing the nude lip and absolutely loving it. And to say it's a surprise is an understatement. One of my favourites this month has been from Maybelline. It's their shade called Brown Sugar and it's to die for. It has an interesting grey undertone to it that makes it stand out from other nudes. And as it's part of their creamy matte range, it's comfortable to wear as well as highly pigmented and long lasting. I can tell that I'm going to be getting a lot of wear from this no matter what season we're in.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks in Patina (top) and Serenata (bottom)
Another two nudes that I've been loving this month come from Stila. They're the Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks and are absolutely striking. Patina has more of a pink tone running through it whereas Serenata is another shade that has more of a greige undertone. Unfortunately Serenata is limited edition so I'll be devasted when this runs out. Patina however you can buy reguarly from most Stila stands. These may be liquid lipsticks but they aren't ridiculously drying, hard to wear or apply. They're highly pigmented and opaque in one swipe. These two have really worked well no matter what outfit I'm wearing and I know that these are another two shades I'll be getting a lot of wear out of no matter what the season.

PS Love Lip Liner in 09 Rosewood Mauve 
And the lip liner I've been loving with all of those nude shades is this one from Primark. It's a stunning mauve shade that works well under a whole host of nude shades and looks good on it's own as well. It's creamy, opaque in one swipe and easy to apply. I've never known a lip liner that's as easy as this to apply. It makes applying my lip products so much quicker and easier. It looks like I've barely used this but I've worn a good three or four times a week every week this month.

Vitaglow Hyaluronic Acid and Copper Capsules 
I'm not usually one for remembering to take vitamins but this month I have been religously taking these Hyaluronic Acid and Copper Capsules. They're advertised as suplements that'll help give you hydrated, glowy, healthy looking skin. And I don't know if it's my skincare or if it's really these but my skin does look more glowy, healthy and hydrated. My redness doesn't look as bad and I don't have such puffy eyes or dark circles. I think it's the Hyaluronic Acid in them, it's clinging to the exsisting Hyaluronic Acid in my skin and slowly pumping out moisture so my skin doesn't dry out as much.

Primark Boots
Who'd have thought I'd be including a fashion favourite this month. Not me for sure. But then I spotted these stunning boots in Primark and I just had to have them. They are a chelsea boot style with a pointed tip and a slight heel. What really attracted me to these boots were the metal piping along the tip that you can't feel when you're wearing this. And boy are these comfortable, I used to be a big converse girl but I've barely worn my converse since I've gotten these. I love how they just add a little something extra to any outfit and take me from looking okay to looking good. Definitely going to be getting a lot of wear out of these this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment