Tuesday 31 January 2017

Review: Pixi and Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse

When Caroline Hirons' announced she was going to be releasing a cleanser in collaboration with Pixi I knew that I would just have to buy it. Caroline Hirons' is a skincare queen and Pixi is an amazing brand who's products are nothing but kind to skin. So when this was released I was straight down to Mark's and Spencers to pick myself up a pot. It's £24 for a 100ml pot which is broken down into two different cleansers both 50ml in size.

One side is a solid oil cleanser and the other is a cream based cleanser. On the lid of the pot it suggests using the solid oil cleanser as your first or inital cleanse and then the cream cleanser as your second/double cleanse. These can be used to remove both make up or daily dirt and grime but is definitely more effective as a make up remover.

The oil side melts as soon as it touches skin and removes all signs of make up with one wipe of the flannel or muslin cloth. It doesn't leave skin feeling tacky, oily or covered in a greasy coating. It even removes waterproof mascara and doesn't sting the eyes at all. This reminds me a lot of the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm both in consistency and feeling on the skin.

The cream cleanser is thinner in consistency and feels very lightweight on the skin. It's very soothing and nourishing on the skin whilst simultaneously removing any make up the oil cleanser may have missed. Out of the two it's the one I'm less keen on as I don't see it doing anything for my skin but it does leave it feeling soft and supple.

Overall I'm really impressed with this product. I absolutely love the oil side of this cleanser and if they ever sold it seperately I'd happily buy it. The cream cleanser whilst not my favourite isn't going to go to waste as I will still use it as a second cleanse whenever I bring this out. I do find myself reaching for other cleansers over this one but if you a mega fan of Pixi then this will definitely be right up your street.

No comments:

Post a Comment