Monday 2 December 2019

Christmas Book Recommendations

 
There are days when nothing can beat snuggling up in your cosiest pjs with a massive cuppa and a good book. And at this time of year, nothing beats a good feel good Christmas book. Sure most Christmas books are light, fluffy, girly chick lit books but to be honest, nothing is better this time of the year. I have a ton of books still waiting to be read, including two new bestsellers but all I want to read is light, Christmas romances. So today I'm sharing with you some of the books I plan on reading or recommend reading over this Christmas season.

A Winter Kiss On Rochester Mews- Annie Darling 
The first book I'm going to talk about is one I'm currently reading. This book follows Mattie who despises the festive season but loves to bake as she moves into the flat above the tearoom she works in alongside the infuriating Tom who works in the book shop next door. As I said I'm currently reading this so I'm only just getting into the story itself but what I've read is good and I'm intrigued to see where it goes next. One of the newer Christmas Chick Lits out there, this is enjoyable and can easily be devoured alongside a good cuppa.

Second Chances At The Log Fire Cabin- Catherine Ferguson 
The next book on my list follows Roxy who proposes to her boyfriend on live TV but is left mortified when he rejects her. Cue her running away to work as a cookery assistant at The Log Fire Cabin where she seems to be getting along as well as she can be, when Mac turns up which turns her world upside down. This sounds like the ultimate festive chick lit novel. It has heartbreak, it has romance, it has an idyllic setting and it;s bound to leave you feeling all festive but also appreciative for your other half if you have one.

Coming Home To Glendale Hall- Victoria Walters
Up next is an uplifting family affair following Beth as she finally returns to her childhood home of Glendale Hall. However she isn't alone, accompanied by her daughter Isabelle who was her main reason for leaving in the first place. And even though she's come back to make amends with her ailing grandmother, Beth also happens to run into her first love Drew to whom she's hiding a big secret from. It's obvious what the secret she's hiding is but it's the slight over dramatisation of it all that has you hooked, making you wonder how the big reveal is going to play out. This is next on my reading list for December and I'm quite looking forward to delving into it.

Christmas At The Log Fire Cabin- Catherine Ferguson 
Catherine Ferguson seems to have a series set around this idyllic Log Fire Cabin and this next book is just as good if not better than one I mentioned earlier. Following Poppy who has twelve days to decide if she wants to marry her boyfriend Harrison whilst also trying to fufill her and her best friends dream of setting up their own catering company, the festive season looks to be extremely stressful. Throw in one ruggedly handsome hotel owner and you've got yourself the perfect Winter warmer that'll go down nicely tucked under a cosy blanket with a nice cuppa or cup of hot chocolate.

How To Stuff Up Christmas- Rosie Blake 
Do you love a good cooking/baking festive read as much as I do? Yes? Then you'll love this next book from Rosie Blake. Eve is left heartbroken after she discovers her fiance has been cheating on her so she takes herself off to a houseboat in Pangbourne to spend Christmas alone. Yet she's surprised when she's rescued one day by handsome vet Greg who continues to visit her in hopes of improving her cooking skills whilst she's on the houseboat. But Greg also keeps disappearing somewhere and Eve's best friend knows where but won't tell. It sounds like a brilliant will they won't they scenario which could also have a ton of sexual tension yet some comedic relief if there is a kitchen disaster.

A Very Lucky Christmas- Lilac Mills
Daisy's had the worst luck, she's broken up with her boyfriend, she's had to move back in with her parents and to top it all off she's ended up in A&E after choking on the silver sixpence hidden in the Christmas pudding. But whilst she's in hospital she meets dishy Doctor Noah and it looks like her luck is about to change. Another heartwarming festive romance that is a quick read during this busy time but won't take long to get lost in and before you know it, you'll be finished and ready to move onto your next book.

Christmas At Mistletoe Cove- Holly Martin
I'm actually dying to read this next book after reading a sample of it on iBooks. Eden Lancaster is looking forward to her best friend finally returning from New York. But what she doesn't know is he's home for good which will do nothing for the feelings she's been harbouring for him for years. And with Christmas fast approaching, Eden hoping she can control her feelings around Dougie otherwise she could lose her oldest and most important friendship but what if that lifelong friendship could turn into more? What if Dougie actually felt the same way? I seriously need to read this book, it's the ultimate unrequited love where everyone else can see it but the object of those affections is oblivious. I said that Coming Home To Glendale Hall was going to be my next read but if I get my hands on this book beforehand then this is next on my Christmas TBR.

Love And Lies At The Village Christmas Shop- Portia Macintosh
The penultimate book I'm going to mention follows Ivy who absolutely adores Christmas. And as the owner of a Christmas Shop that is open all year round, she couldn't be anything but a fan. However when a businessman moves into the area and looks to renovate the area, including bull dozing Ivy's shop, it looks like this Christmas could be more woe than anything. And whilst it doesn't state that there is a specific romance in this book, we all know that Ivy and this businessman are going to have sparks which could make or break the decision to redevelop the area. Again I've read a sample of this and I absolutely loved what I read. Cheesy with a side of corny but packed full of festive feeling and that dusting of romance.

A Christmas Carol- Charles Dickens 
And the last book I want to talk about is a classic that I say I'm going to read every year but never actually get round to reading. A Christmas Carol needs no explanation as it's been depicted numerous times throughout different medias (A Muppet Christmas Carol is my fave). The tale of Scrooge and his visits from the ghosts of Past, Present and Future is a tale as old as time and is one I've been saying I want to read in it's original format for years but I never get round to it as I either run out of time or I'm not in that festive mood. This year though I have the book on my phone and I plan on reading a little each day during my break at work as I nom on a Costa Christmas Toastie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment