Monday 9 December 2019

GRWM: Nightmare Before Christmas Live

On Thursday me and Jasmin finished our year of shows with a trip up to London to see Nightmare Before Christmas Live in Concert. Featuring the original voices of Danny Elfman (Jack Skellington), Catherine O'Hara (Sally) and Ken Page (Oogie Boogie) perform the songs of the film as it played. For a die hard Nightmare Before Christmas fan like myself, just being there was enough but me and Jasmin had the surprise of our lives when we arrived last night.

As we arrived at Wembley Arena last night and I was getting the tickets out for admission, we were approached by a very lovely lady and her son or grandson who offered us two spare VIP tickets that gave us better seats than what I'd paid for as well as a free goodie bag each and access to a VIP lounge before the show. I was shocked and didn't have a clue what to say, being offered VIP tickets for nothing by a kind stranger is something that only happens on the TV. But there we were being offered two tickets worth 500 pound for free thanks to the kindness of a stranger. Which meant we went from sitting in the furthest corner of the arena to sitting five rows from the front. FIVE ROWS FROM THE STAGE! I still can't believe what happened and wouldn't believe it was real if it wasn't for the photos I took. So to repay this strangers kindness we decided to hand our original tickets in to the box office so someone could receive the same kindness that we had. Sure our original seats weren't fantastic but the energy alone in the arena made it so it didn't matter where you were sat.

So today I'm sharing with you my look for the evening and I'm so glad I didn't have a last minute outfit change because I don't think we would have been bestowed such kindness otherwise. Shall we kick it off with my make up? For primer I went in with my holy grail trio of the Two Faced Hangover X Primer in both spray and cream form. I added a little bit of the Loreal Infallible Primer Drops as well so I had the perfect priming base to soothe and hydrate my somewhat under the weather skin.

For foundation I went with my IT Cosmetics CC Cream. This stuff does not budge. I mean I've worn it for twelve hour days, cried, danced and worn it throughout a heatwave and it hasn't budged. Which is why it was the perfect choice for last night. Plus it's lightweight and gives brilliant coverage which when applied with a damp beauty blender is flawless but still natural looking and totally changed me from the cold ridden Rudolph that I was before to looking somewhat half decent. What I wasn't impressed with was it falling onto my new Christmas pjs that I'd only just taken the tag off of.

My choice in concealer hasn't changed in the longest time. A combination of the Maybelline Eraser Eye and Revolution's Conceal and Define work to conceal even the darkest of bags. And if I have any blemishes or excess redness that my foundation hasn't covered then these work wonders. It all blends out seamlessly with a damp beauty blender, making me look I've had more sleep than I've actually had.

Now usually I'd go straight in with powder but I've recently learned that leaving a gap of ten minutes before applying powder gives skin a flawless look with less of a powdery finish. So I move onto my brows and I know they need a good tint and wax but I'm trying to grow them out so the bushy look is what's going on at the moment. However to fill in the sparse areas at the front of my brows, I go in with the Barry M Brow Wow pencil. It's soft enough to fill them in but not that soft they it smudges at the slightest contact. And surprisingly I managed to get both brows looking relatively even for a change.

Onto mascara and once I've rigorously curled my lashes I give them a healthy coat of the Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer. This helps to keep my curl and volume without weighing them down or relying on multiple coats of mascara. Then I go in with a coat of the Loreal Volume Million Lashes So Couture Mascara. It's barrel shaped micro bristle brush coats even the tiniest of lashes and gives them volume without leaving them clumpy.

Excuse my whilst I powder my nose. It's time to set everything into place and for that I use the Too Faced Born This Way Loose Powder. I much prefer a loose powder over a pressed powder as it gives a softer, more natural looking finish to the skin whilst still creating that flawless base. I prefer applying my powder with a beauty blender as it doesn't leave large clumps of it sitting on my skin and helps to set my make up in place for longer.

Now onto my favourite part of this look. The lip. I knew as soon as I booked tickets for this show that I'd be rocking a red lip. Not only is it my go to look for a night out but it also gave me that Christmas vibe which comes from the multi seasonal film. I started off by lining my lips with the Barry M Lip Liner in 03. I would have preferred to use my Primark Lip Liner but I've misplaced it so this one had to do. Once I was happy with the shape of my lips I went in with the Fenty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored. This has quickly become my all time favourite red lip but it's liquidy formula means I do tend to have to religiously check my teeth whilst wearing it. A quick spritz of the Too Faced Hangover X Setting Spray and my make up is done and dusted.

Outfit wise I wasn't going to wear this Nightmare Before Christmas sweatshirt, thinking it would be too much but I'm so glad I chose to wear it. There were so many people wearing amazing jumpers, t-shirts and sweatshirts, I felt right at home. I paired it with my faithful high waisted black skinny jeans and my much loved Dr Martens. Again I was wary about wearing these but they seemed to be the shoe of choice and I saw so many stunning pairs that I've now added to my wishlist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment