Sunday 28 August 2016

August Favourites

To August has been a long month is an understatement. Usually months fly by for me but this last month has taken ages to come to an end. But I'm glad it has as that means September and Autumn are just around the corner. Can you tell I'm excited for the colder months.

First up this month is a product I never thought I'd be putting in a favourites post, Benefit's Porefessional was a product that did not agree with me when I first tried it. It made my make up ball up and come away from my face which was just unattractive. However I pulled this out at the beginning of the month when we were having a hot spell and fell in love. I don't know if my skin has changed and that's why it works better this time round or not. I can say though that this helps prolong my make, creates a smoother base to apply my foundation and minimises the appearance of my pores. It is one of the pricier make up items in my bag but it's well worth the price tag. I've honestly needed this everyday to keep my make up in place thanks to what Britain is calling Summer this year. Roll on the cold weather.

I don't normally talk about vitamins or supplements on here as I literally just take what my mum says will be good for me. But this month I've been taking Vitamin E tablets and the differences I've seen is outstanding. My nails are where I've seen the big difference. They used to flake when they got to a certain length and wearing nail polish was a disaster but ever since I've been taking these my nails have looked healthier, felt stronger and haven't broken or chipped when they've reached a certain length. Painting my nails is a dream now and I don't have to worry so much about them chipping after the first day. If you've got problem nails then I'd recommend taking Vitamin E tablets if you can, there will definitely be a difference.

A skincare favourite of mine this month is the Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask. Now before this I've never really gotten on with sheet masks. They never really fit my face, the pre cut holes would either be too high or too low and I'd end up getting serum in my eyes or mouth. Not with this mask though. It fits perfectly to my face and I don't end up with stinging eyes or weird tastes in my mouth. It sticks well to the skin and it's Hyaluronic Acid and Pomegranate Extract formula works well to hydrate and soothe my skin. Afterwards my skin feels plumper, hydrated and softer to the touch. A full review of this will be coming your way very soon.

First off please excuse the state of this brush. I forgot to clean it before taking pictures. This is one of the Primark Pro Oval Brushes. It's essentially a ridiculously inexpensive dupe for the Artis Oval Brushes. And if you're looking for a flawless yet still high coverage finish then this brush is definitely for you. Whilst it does soak up product it also spreads your chosen base product evenly across the skin creating a flawless finish without it looking overdone. I like using this with lighter finish foundations as it gives it the look of a higher coverage foundation without being cakey or blocking pores. And at £4 who was I to turn down this brush. A full review of their whole range will be appearing soon so keep your eyes peeled.

And for the final favourite of the month, I'm looking ahead to when it gets colder and lip colours like this are everywhere. This Gosh Matte Lipstick looks like it's straight out of Autumn and I've been loving wearing at every chance I get. This is the shade Cranberry which looks like a deep red shade in the bullet but has some purple undertones on the lips. I love this lipstick not only for the colour but for the finish. It's matte and stays in place all day but it's not ridiculously drying and the creamy formula makes reapplication a dream. I have more of these shades and with September just around the corner you'll be seeing more of these on the blog.

So that's it for my August Favourites. What have been your favourites this month? And are you as excited for Autumn as I am? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment