Wednesday 10 August 2016

Lip Product Week Day Five: Barry M Satin Superslick Lip Paint Review

Welcome Back to Lip Product Week Day Five. When it comes to this week I try to review products that I haven't tried before hand and Barry M's Satin Finish Lipsticks were perfect for this week. So today you'll be joining me on my first foray into Barry M lip products.

The Barry M Satin Finish Lipsticks are one of the newer ranges from Barry M. They started with a range of six shades and have recently added another five shades. And it was the five newer shades that have caught my eye. I picked the shade 175 which comes across as this plummy berry toned shade that is going to be stunning in the upcoming months.

The packaging of this lipstick is stuning. A sleek metallic case this may be simplistic in style but it still stands out in a collection. Thee bullet itself also has an extra touch to it that makes it look a lot more than it's £4.99 price tag. And that comes in the form of an engraved B and M near the base of the bullet. Not many high street brands do this and the ones that do give their lip products this more a luxury feel that some miss out on.

The lipstick itself though is ever so slightly disappointing. It may be because I'm a big fan of matte lips that when it comes to non matte lipsticks I've even harder on them than I am on matte products. The intial swipe of application was extremely satisfying. It wasn't dry, there wasn't some sort of film on the top you needed to get rid of. No it was creamy, highly pigmented, opaque in one swipe and gliding easily across the lips. The colour pay off is amazing and if you're a satin or sheen finish lover than these are definitely for you. However for me, these aren't really up my street.

The initial swipe was nice and felt like it wouldn't budge on the lips but when it came to finishing the look and filling in my cupid's bow the problems showed themselves. It has too much slip to it which makes defining an upper lip hard. Personally I found that this meant everything slipped too much and I ended up with more outside of my lip line than actually on my lips. And that was with a lip liner.

Maybe without a lip liner this would have applied better and been less slippy but it was necessary to give a clear lip line. Without it this would have more than likely feathered or bled out of the lip line. As I say it may not work for me is because I am a big fan of matte lipsticks. And the non matte lipsticks I wear are more neutral in tone and easier to reapply or touch up than this one. If you're a fan of this lipsticks then check these out, under a fiver, highly pigmented and bang on trend for the upcoming colder seasons. They just weren't the right lipstick for me.

If you've had your eye on these for a while, don't let this dishearten you. Some products work better with others and this is one of those. It's not matte so I wasn't as comfortable with it as a product but if you don't like matte lip products then these will probably be right up your street. Even if you don't buy one, at least go and swatch them at your local Barry M stand.

Have any of you tried these? What did you think? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment